Stuart Webber Interview | Vital Football

Stuart Webber Interview

Pink un video up here too.

I enjoy Webber's honesty and approach personally, a far cry from the Neil Doncaster/Jez Moxey's of the world. Some sly digs in there too, and he is right about sending Farke into war without a gun. I think he will have reflected on the season, as hopefully has Farke, and they will learn from it.

I don’t like the guy. He comes over as totally arrogant . Not ONE word of apology to the fans for this totally humiliating relegation . In fact the opposite .... a threat to those of us fans who dare to criticise the players ‘ to come down here and see what happens ‘ What sort of loutish , threatening behaviour is that I ask myself ?

The guy has the affront to call this relegation some sort of success as we have have finished in the top 26 for 2 seasons running . What a joke

Still, I had better not say anything else in case I get an invite from Webber to come down to CR so he can maybe ‘deal’ with me .

As others before him have found out, once you start criticising the fans , you are on your way out

Last edited:
Seems to me that if SW had concentrated as hard on signing good players as he did in being critical of supporters in this interview we may have stayed up.

More sheer nastiness and revolting unpleasantness from Mr Webber.....

‘ I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a photograph of me ‘

Well , Mr Webber , at least Todd Cantwell cares about what has happened with this relegation , unlike you what says you are not bothered . You may not be bothered but the fans and some of the players are

Todd cares , Tettey cares and we all know you are just passing through just like you did with Huddersfield Town and will walk off when it suits you to

YB did he say that in the interview? That is harsh on Todd and I doubt that make him want to stay.

I see DF has blamed the injuries for us being shit a defending set pieces......but we could defend set pieces last season or in your first season with us so explain that? I think it is down to poor coaching, the players not good enough or wanting to do zonal marking. DF needs to learn it doesn't work. If you have a corner or fk against us just get your player who say over 6 foot to attack it. You get a bloody running jump over our guys who have to jump standing still...it isn't rocket science....running jump over standing jump....hmmm.....yep zonal please 😒

More sheer nastiness and revolting unpleasantness from Mr Webber.....

‘ I am not sulking or lying on a football pitch hoping someone takes a photograph of me ‘

Well , Mr Webber , at least Todd Cantwell cares about what has happened with this relegation , unlike you what says you are not bothered . You may not be bothered but the fans and some of the players are

Todd cares , Tettey cares and we all know you are just passing through just like you did with Huddersfield Town and will walk off when it suits you to

Sorry but I highly doubt Todd truly cares - and he will be passing through. It's pretty much already known he's already organised a move away, and his agency are running his instragram with all these posts. If he cared so much, why did he try to hold the club to ransom in contract negotiations last summer? He'll be off this summer, with a fleeting "caring" message on social media, and won't give us a second thought.

Brilliant article and goes to show that the Smiths have not only humiliated and embarrassed our club , but have now made it a club that is hated for not having the decency to even try and give it a go. From Farke , to Webber to the Board and to the Smiths , they have made us look like the club of fools who have been found out

Sorry but I highly doubt Todd truly cares - and he will be passing through. It's pretty much already known he's already organised a move away, and his agency are running his instragram with all these posts. If he cared so much, why did he try to hold the club to ransom in contract negotiations last summer? He'll be off this summer, with a fleeting "caring" message on social media, and won't give us a second thought.

Care or not , at the very least as a Norfolk lad , he was hurting just like me . He certainly won’t want to hang around the club with people like Webber about.

An interesting article, and certainly some points I agree with in terms of how Farke needed to be more pragmatic at times during the season.

However, I do not, in anyway agree with this premise of spending money = ambition. Is he completely tone deaf to what football is, and what nearly happened to us last time we went down? Honestly, people like him probably write that football clubs need to be more financially stable one week, and yet in there he is suggesting Villa have "done it right" - erm no they haven't. They nearly went bust last time they went down, they had to sell their stadium and broke FFP rules to get up (similar to "plucky" Bournemouth), have spent £130m this past year...to be in the same position as us. I honestly cannot wait for the football and PL financial bubble to burst sometimes...instead it is going to be the hard working people at EFL and non league clubs who are financially hit hardest by Covid and football, while the top clubs continue to have "super sunday" and continue to moan about not signing players for £50m. Makes me furious honestly

An interesting article, and certainly some points I agree with in terms of how Farke needed to be more pragmatic at times during the season.

However, I do not, in anyway agree with this premise of spending money = ambition. Is he completely tone deaf to what football is, and what nearly happened to us last time we went down? Honestly, people like him probably write that football clubs need to be more financially stable one week, and yet in there he is suggesting Villa have "done it right" - erm no they haven't. They nearly went bust last time they went down, they had to sell their stadium and broke FFP rules to get up (similar to "plucky" Bournemouth), have spent £130m this past year...to be in the same position as us. I honestly cannot wait for the football and PL financial bubble to burst sometimes...instead it is going to be the hard working people at EFL and non league clubs who are financially hit hardest by Covid and football, while the top clubs continue to have "super sunday" and continue to moan about not signing players for £50m. Makes me furious honestly
Here, here 👏👏👏

Here, here 👏👏👏
I agree, it is not all about spending money, it is also about adapting style and substance. There is a little bit of everything that has to be adopted so you cannot be successful without speculating to accumulate. I do get worried about remarks like DF used at the end of his recent interview. " We want to look back in ten years and say it was a shame we couldn't stay in the league but we gave ourselves the best finish.” Does this mean that in 10 years time he sees us still out of the Premiership. Well we definitely need to be more speculative than that.

More from Webber here on transfers. Talking about Dennis Man and other targets...

“I pop to Romania on holiday and the next thing I know it is being reported I am in the house of a football club owner and a very good player,” joked Webber, at Colney on Monday. “I can’t add too much to what has already been put out there.

“I am really disappointed it has come out. I don’t believe in doing business that way and I won’t give him the satisfaction of saying anything they can take and run with. We’ll see. We are in for lots of players at the minute and we are close on three or four things and I sure when the dust settles on this season we will quickly show our actions.

“What I would say is we are in a place where we can invest a higher amount in talented players, rather than trying to find talent on the cheap. Now we can invest more money in that area.”

City will have a ‘competitive’ Championship budget, but the boom and bust cycle is not an option on Webber’s watch.

“You will hear no excuses from me next season, in terms of finances, around the squad,” he said. “We won’t have the biggest budget in the Championship, or spend the most money in the Championship. What we have got is the tools financially to make sure we can be really competitive in that league. That is the first time in my time here.

“The one non-negotiable part of all those contracts last summer was what the salary would drop to if we were relegated.

“That is what almost killed this club before and why we had to sell top talent just to keep afloat. We had players on more than £40,000 a week in the Championship which is completely unsustainable for this club.

“We know how difficult it is to get out of the Championship but we have done it before and we back ourselves to do it again.”

Care or not , at the very least as a Norfolk lad , he was hurting just like me . He certainly won’t want to hang around the club with people like Webber about.
I see Cantwell has posted on his social in response to the webber comment.

He said he was on the pitch as he was hurting and didn't want to take his feelings into the dressing room he wanted to just reflect on the situation.

Something like that. Seems like the two are having a little tiff.

I see Cantwell has posted on his social in response to the webber comment.

He said he was on the pitch as he was hurting and didn't want to take his feelings into the dressing room he wanted to just reflect on the situation.

Something like that. Seems like the two are having a little tiff.

I am on Cantwell's side.
When emotional with work ( God knows I am under pressure every day all day )
I remove myself from people and reflect.