Stuart Nelson returns. | Vital Football

Stuart Nelson returns.

Got me as well, thought he’d come back as gk coach for a minute :ROFLMAO:

Still he seems a good guy and I wish him all the best

I think we do have a GK coach now don’t we?

But if not, having a coach like Stuart Nelson who could also play and be our back up keeper on the bench each week would be a good idea imho.

But if not, having a coach like Stuart Nelson who could also play and be our back up keeper on the bench each week would be a good idea imho.
I would guess that is a option we might look at .It all depends on availability and costs there would certainly be some good keepers available at this stage.
A lot might depend on how much Harris rates the keeper coach he has and how much he is paid contract etc?
It appears he did a great job last season with Chapman and Cumming that being the case why change things ?

My own guess is that we will go similar to last season. A player (edited as it was wrong)who has little first team experience but who the Manager rates, but perhaps young so we might get a sell on.Then bring in a loan keeper who is highly rated for the short to medium term.

Last edited:
If we sign a loan gk his club will want him played.

If we sign a free agent they wont want to warm the bench.

How do you sign two keepers and keep both happy? We wont sign a young keeper unless they are first choice and free.

Difficult.

If we sign a loan gk his club will want him played.

If we sign a free agent they wont want to warm the bench.

How do you sign two keepers and keep both happy? We wont sign a young keeper unless they are first choice and free.

Difficult.
Not a problem if he starts as first choice.If the permanent keeper has little or no first team experience it is unlikely he would start the season as first choice. If then the reserve keeper proved he was better then that is the way it is for any keeper. Chapman had be a regular number two.There are tons of keepers who never see first team action. Scouting the best available might have been more practical with Shorey on board .But lack of first team action would mean they need time like Chapman did.Having a loan keeper in front of them is not a long term problem. If Harris and Shorey judges it right we should have a first choice keeper in the making. If not next season we bring in another senior keeper to replace the loan one.

I would guess that is a option we might look at .It all depends on availability and costs there would certainly be some good keepers available at this stage.
A lot might depend on how much Harris rates the keeper coach he has and how much he is paid contract etc?
It appears he did a great job last season with Chapman and Cumming that being the case why change things ?

It’s deren ibrahim, used to play for dartford. NH has been complementary about him in the KM.

It’s deren ibrahim, used to play for dartford. NH has been complementary about him in the KM.
I thought I had seen something about him.Thats why I think it is unlikely we would take the very senior keeper route. Especially as I believe according to Wikipedia he is only 31. Coaching a older goalkeeper might cause difficulties.

My own guess is that we will go similar to last season. A player like Chapman who has little first team experience but who the Manager rates, but perhaps younger so we might get a sell on.Then bring in a loan keeper who is highly rated for the short to medium term.
Aaron Chapman has over 230 first team appearances.
Not a novice.
I suspect that Evans expected him to be first choice and then had the opportunity to get the outstanding Cummings, which was a no brainer.

Aaron Chapman has over 230 first team appearances.
Not a novice.
I suspect that Evans expected him to be first choice and then had the opportunity to get the outstanding Cummings, which was a no brainer.
I never checked surprised he took the number two job at Gills.

I never checked surprised he took the number two job at Gills.
I don’t think he did Chris.
When he signed, he was our only keeper.
Cummings came later.
I think keepers just accept that only one can play in any given game.
Who’d want to be a keeper ?

I don’t think he did Chris.
When he signed, he was our only keeper.
Cummings came later.
I think keepers just accept that only one can play in any given game.
Who’d want to be a keeper ?
I did it (very badly )Strange that I improved my teams results.
We had a injury prone Kelvin Jack type (ex Millwall youth I think) keeper and another who was a decent keeper but couldn't kick the ball to save his life .I ended up doing it when the latter failed to turn up .I said I would go in for the first two .I only let in one and won the shirt .Stopped my lone training lost fitness and the end result was I stopped playing.