Strongest 11 | Vital Football

Strongest 11

Rza

Vital Champions League
This would be my starting 11 with everyone fit.

......................Dubravka
.......Schar.....Fernandez.......Dummett
Murphy................................................Lewis
....................Shelvey..........Willock
Almiron.................................................ASM.............................................Wilson

Much of a muchness. I just went for shelvey because of the creativity factor. Could probably swap out Murphy for manquillo as well I just went with Murphy.

Too much of a difficult task for me, but Darlow would always be ahead of Dubravka, Murphy would not be on the bench, Shelvey the carthorse would never play without Hayden in the team and Emil Krafth would be promoted to head tea boy with immediate effect.

So one poster who I don't recall slagging off Dubravka (could be wrong), picks Darlow ahead of him.

Another, who does nothing but slag Dubravka off, picks him. 🤷‍♂️🙄🤣

So one poster who I don't recall slagging off Dubravka (could be wrong), picks Darlow ahead of him.

He's a good keeper Neps......Just think he's liable to one costly mistake a game and his kicking could be a lot better.

Dubravka is one of the best keepers in the league. Darlow is a championship level keeper his positioning is as bad I've seen. Constantly beat at his near post. Good shot stopper that's it

For me Dubravka is bang average (by premiership standards), but he is the best we have on the books right now.

Only went with him because of the back 5
Fair point regarding the back five IMO and to be fair to Shelvey he can be very effective in a system that does not require him to track back .

Like him or not, and it's a BIG not for me, he's an accomplished passer who adds a touch of class to the team when the formation is dictated by his selection, but with the squad we have he's a luxury an average manager cannot afford.

Shelvey is the only player in recent history that I've ever said with as much conviction should never play for Newcastle again

He never seems to do anything to prove me wrong

Shelvey is the only player in recent history that I've ever said with as much conviction should never play for Newcastle again

He never seems to do anything to prove me wrong

I agree with that and after his last sending off I said myself he should be the first out the door in January, but purely from a football perspective he's one of the only creative players we have.

Shelvey's plays the odd eye catching pass but he leaves a chasm in an already leaky midfield . Opposition managers just tell people to run off him knowing full well he's too lazy and unfit to continually track them.

Get the best11 out there playing to their strengths and you never know we might win a few games. It’s not rocket science but confidence is very low at the moment.