Striker | Page 5 | Vital Football

Striker

If you could sign any striker, who would you choose?

• Total voters
U know what, at 3m less than badass I'd call that a bargain. We've risked 12m of the Portuguese kid. Worth a conversation with the player imo
Derby want over £12m for Vydra, apparently - can't see us being in the mix at all.

Can't see any PL clubs wanting him If he was that good he'd be there now (Championship is his level) and no-one in the Championship has or will not pay that sort of money for him (Rock & a Hard Place)

No, I'm privy to reading and replying to posts on Vital :yes:

See the list of players above with the title of "If you could sign any striker, who would you choose?"

No Soudani :shake:

I was going to put Soudani in the list but I honestly didn't think anyone would choose him over the others. I've now included him, along with "other", although I'm sure some clever twat's going to choose that and say Neymar or somebody.

A lot has been written in the FIFA World Cup about formations and teams like England playing a "False 8".

With the purchase of Gonclaves and possibly Soudani, Forest could play two False 8's to support the striker, rather than a striker in the hole., a"False 10" behind the striker as we played Tomlin last season. We could also go to wingback and a back three.

Whichever formation a number 9 to hold the ball up to bring in any false numbers are imperative. A striker with teeth is important.

I was just replying to Pope who said he'd like to see it happen , i'd rather it didn't .
So it's ok for him to say he'd like it to happen but not ok for me to say i'd rather not ?

Occasionally, this forum does make me chuckle (very occasionally).....
the ability to veer completely off topic and then deal with some incredibly deep meaningful subjects.

It reminds me of the type of bloke chats you get in the local boozer, between a few relatively well oiled chaps (in alcohol consumption terms - not the sort that would leave Orbs uncomfortable)....

Personally, I do think it's a sad indictment that there are no 'current' footballers, that have come out - probably due to the stick they'd get from fans or perceived stick?

Plenty are happy to talk about addiction, depression etc and many have had affairs, committed crimes etc but still, this remains a taboo subject (again - not the drink). Oddly, in the woman's game - there is no issue with same sex relationships.

I'm with Orbs, to some extent - that I don't really care what someone's sexual preference is, if they are good at their job or what they do with their personal life, provided it does not impact upon work.

Whilst Fashanu may well have been mistreated - that didn't & hasn't just happened here..... so, I don't see us righting any wrongs - perhaps a mass, synchronised closet departure is needed!

In nearly every other sport, same sex relationships are common knowledge except soccer. It probably is because of the expected banter from the stands that stops people. I don't remember Fash getting that much from opposition supporters. Certain players got far more for their haircuts. The youth of today do not appear to bat an eye lid at same sex relationships. I think it is more my generation that has hangups and they are diminishing. (The hangups as well as the generation).

A bit of a laugh really,reminds me of years ago when I'd just come out of the army, still green as grass, and got a job in Ilkeston of all places. The job was quite demanding but the fellow who was most helpful turned out to be gay although that didn't bother me. He was the bloke who sorted out the fitting of all the bras, this was a firm which made womens underwear and assorted stuff. I remember asking if he wanted to take on a learner but no luck, it was serious stuff in those days. He was the most popular fellow in the place, nothing to do with his side of the job. But I'd learned a lesson without knowing it, gender variations didn't matter to me at that time and never have ever since.

Back on track of football I see that we are being linked with a certain Mr M Waghorn. If true then that would sort out hopefully part of the front lineup. I suppose we will have to wait on this rumour.

A lot has been written in the FIFA World Cup about formations and teams like England playing a "False 8".

With the purchase of Gonclaves and possibly Soudani, Forest could play two False 8's to support the striker, rather than a striker in the hole., a"False 10" behind the striker as we played Tomlin last season. We could also go to wingback and a back three.

Whichever formation a number 9 to hold the ball up to bring in any false numbers are imperative. A striker with teeth is important.

False 8's and 10's, can the striker have false teeth?

‘Get up his arse’ is a common phrase heard on Vic embankment every Sunday morning!

Just saying!