Striker in on Monday | Vital Football

Striker in on Monday

So now we know a fee wasn’t agreed with Bristol Rovers for Hanlan, and it’s going to a tribunal.

That's certainly what is implied. I'm not sure what other priority positions we need. He'll probably bring in another couple of players, but only a striker is urgent
I would guess that he might want another look at what he has budget wise after getting the striker which is always going to be the most expensive position.

Don`t think SE was specific about the Monday incoming being a striker.

I thought he was. His comments were about our desperate need to add players “up top”. Not adding in defence or midfield. And he then said we are close to one and hopefully have some good news for fans on Monday.

If we do announce a player on Monday I’ll be gobsmacked if it isn’t a striker.

That's certainly what is implied. I'm not sure what other priority positions we need. He'll probably bring in another couple of players, but only a striker is urgent

Agree that we need another striker and i`m sure we`re busy in that regard. I`m wondering whether Monday incoming might be young Calvin, the left sided player. Hopefully, we`ll get several quality additions next week. Time`s getting on....

I thought he was. His comments were about our desperate need to add players “up top”. Not adding in defence or midfield. And he then said we are close to one and hopefully have some good news for fans on Monday.

If we do announce a player on Monday I’ll be gobsmacked if it isn’t a striker.

Yes, agree that we need a striker, soon as, and SE may well have been alluding to a striker. But the words quoted alluded to "players" not just strikers. That`s how I read it anyway.

An obvious point but the tribunal decision will surely have a bearing on the identity and timing of our striker signing. I read it too that Evans genuinely didn't want to let Hanlan go and thought Bristol Rovers had done a job on us, thugh he would have done the same.

An obvious point but the tribunal decision will surely have a bearing on the identity and timing of our striker signing. I read it too that Evans genuinely didn't want to let Hanlan go and thought Bristol Rovers had done a job on us, thugh he would have done the same.

Any idea when the tribunal sits?
Brandon became a Rovers player a week ago. I thought it would have sat this past week.

I think Evans kept playing Hanlon in the friendlies and saying we wanted him to stay, so that reiterates his value to us and hopefully get a better valuation from a tribunal

If I remember correctly he is waiting for a premier league club to sign off a left sided loan. Hopefully by net week clubs will know whether these players are in their 25 man squad or not? we might see a bit of movement then. I'm convinced Samuel is the striker target and equally convinced we will see a departure before Ocotber to free up one more incoming player!

I would think that Danny Rose would be a target, but on Facebook someone is convinced we are signing a Dutch player, but he won't say who , so maybe nothing in it.

I would think that Danny Rose would be a target, but on Facebook someone is convinced we are signing a Dutch player, but he won't say who , so maybe nothing in it.

Johnny Metgod

Or hopefully Richard van wolfswinkle. Just so as we can call him
Dickey DogDick.