Strengthened | Vital Football

Strengthened

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
to come back up from the championship,instead of staying in the premiership ,fuckin plain to see.
,we,ve got a 10 bob prince,who when he gave the manager decent money hes wasted it for this division. we,ll go down ,but we,ll come back up i believe. wilder will always have the relegation on his CV. is that so bad in the grand scheme of things.

There's no way we'll bounce straight back.
Recruitment has been a disaster, there's no way of recouping any of the losses on inept,inexperienced , lacking impact incomers and there'll be no money to re-build as the losses due to Covid will need to be covered befor investment does.

Tactically everyone will know how to stop (FFS we can't even see what's working for us and stick to that when we do manage to make some chances) us and, technically, many of our players aren't that much better than a good few of the Champ players.

It's time to temper our expectations beause, whilst we're not daft enough to believe we're on HMS Piss the League, there's plenty assuming the PL experience will be so good for us that we will get back easily.

Whilst no 2 matches are the same look at us struggling to beat an up for it Bristol City by a VAR penalty- a penalty we will not get next year- who were tupped 6-0 by Watford ( as Bully pointe dout).
Doesn't inspire me to think we will be a PL side again by August 2022.

Whether we bounce back all depends on Wilder and what he does.

If he thinks we can just go with Norwood again and do the same as last time despite no Henderson and effectively no JOC or Stevens then he's mistaken.

We need to recruit spot on and freshen the squad up quite a lot.

Although obviously a big opportunity was wasted to start doing this in January.

Budget will be affected badly by what we've already wasted, injuries limiting resale value on the biggest assets and all the stuff with that c**nt McCabe.

But we should still be able to do everything we need to do with a comfortably negative net spend on transfers.

Of course, one thing that's harder to control and predict is Wilder's mindset. He needs to be properly up for it.

Could well be a transitional season. Lundstram, Jagielka, Rodwell, Moore, Ampadu and Bryan will be off and Egan, Berge, Verrips, Freeman likely sold or loaned. Who knows what's going to happen with Brewster and Mousset.

Our squad's already thin so we're looking at a rebuild with RND, Slater and around 10 new players being brought in. That's a big turnover and we'll need to break the trend of being tardy with our business otherwise we won't be match ready by the start of the season.

Does the Prince trust CW with this rebuild ? Or does he want to bring a fresh man in with fresh ideas ? Either way I'm not expecting a promotion winning season.

There's no way we'll bounce straight back.
Recruitment has been a disaster, there's no way of recouping any of the losses on inept,inexperienced , lacking impact incomers and there'll be no money to re-build as the losses due to Covid will need to be covered befor investment does.

Tactically everyone will know how to stop (FFS we can't even see what's working for us and stick to that when we do manage to make some chances) us and, technically, many of our players aren't that much better than a good few of the Champ players.

It's time to temper our expectations beause, whilst we're not daft enough to believe we're on HMS Piss the League, there's plenty assuming the PL experience will be so good for us that we will get back easily.

Whilst no 2 matches are the same look at us struggling to beat an up for it Bristol City by a VAR penalty- a penalty we will not get next year- who were tupped 6-0 by Watford ( as Bully pointe dout).
Doesn't inspire me to think we will be a PL side again by August 2022.

Agree 100%.

Could well be a transitional season. Lundstram, Jagielka, Rodwell, Moore, Ampadu and Bryan will be off and Egan, Berge, Verrips, Freeman likely sold or loaned. Who knows what's going to happen with Brewster and Mousset.

Our squad's already thin so we're looking at a rebuild with RND, Slater and around 10 new players being brought in. That's a big turnover and we'll need to break the trend of being tardy with our business otherwise we won't be match ready by the start of the season.

Does the Prince trust CW with this rebuild ? Or does he want to bring a fresh man in with fresh ideas ? Either way I'm not expecting a promotion winning season.
The Prince will want Wilder to stay as new ideas need money and our Prince does not like to dip into his own pockets.

One player I'm pretty sure will stay is........ Bryan!

One thing we will have is plenty of depth at LWB. We'll have about 6 of the fuckers. Probably won't bother signing anyone who can dribble and create though.

The Prince will want Wilder to stay as new ideas need money and our Prince does not like to dip into his own pockets.

If there wasn't so much goodwill towards CW from the fans I suspect he'd have been gone in November.

The Prince seems to have a base of football advisors and friends in Belgium. There's likely a few coaches there whispering into the Prince's people's ears that for about 15 million they can get half a dozen players from the continent who'd form the backbone of a Championship winning team.

I’ve liked a few posts on this thread not because I like what’s been said but because I agree with them it’s not a good situation I think we will need half a team at least to be brought in for one reason or another I don’t think we will do a Sunderland but I can’t see us doing a Norwich either
hello mid table mediocrity

Where we end next season in the Championship will depend on who we can retain those that we want to keep and moving on those who have failed to impress this season and are still under contract for next season and being able to recruit better players.
I think the best thing for us fans would be to hover around the play of zone and hope that more investment comes in so that if the PL beckons we can buy some PL level players and not ones for the future. If CW is still in charge he will have learned from experience.

Has there ever been a PL team that has declined so spectacularly from one season to the next?
Maybe not premier league I remember one in the old first division that just missed out on Europe but got relegated the season after in the mid 70s 🤔

Maybe not premier league I remember one in the old first division that just missed out on Europe but got relegated the season after in the mid 70s 🤔
Yes, I'm struggling but hopefully the resident brains trust will have more info.

History repeating itself.
1975 - 6th in the top division - only 2 points (1 win in them days) behind Liverpool in second.
1976 - bottom - 6 points (3 wins) adrift of next to bottom -and 9 points off Wolves in 20th.
The main difference is that in 1975 we achieved a high finishing position despite the manager, not because of him.

History repeating itself.
1975 - 6th in the top division - only 2 points (1 win in them days) behind Liverpool in second.
1976 - bottom - 6 points (3 wins) adrift of next to bottom -and 9 points off Wolves in 20th.
The main difference is that in 1975 we achieved a high finishing position despite the manager, not because of him.
What was even more depressing is the fact we reached the 4th division by 1981.UTMPB