Strange restrictions placed on people by their religion | Page 3 | Vital Football

Strange restrictions placed on people by their religion

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
Topless Vicars and i am in that church faster than Lambert's foot up Randy's leg mate!

Might give that a try onmehead! But on girls slightly older than school age if you don't mind!!! LOL

ClivetheVillan - 25/4/2014 12:32

I can understand the seriousness it is to some about talking religion, my nan was a devote catholic and she emigrated from Ireland as a kid,if she was around now and heard me have a joke about religion i would have one almighty thick ear tbh

Catholicism is definitely a big part of the Irish ethnic identity and I know a few people who go for the sense of community and a reminder of where they come from, rather than out of religious enthusiasm.

These days, they tell me, you can hardly get a seat because of the number of Poles.

The Fear - 25/4/2014 14:46

Might give that a try onmehead! But on girls slightly older than school age if you don't mind!!! LOL

18 year olds can still be at school :136: lol

Villan Of The North - 25/4/2014 14:47

Are you telling us that they give you Norwegian wood? :69:

I think the French measure is half your age plus 7 or 8.

So I'm able to lust after 29 or 30 year olds.

Sometimes I'm not good at estimating age though! :3:

And of course I'm not sure of their measure means real age, 45 or my mental age (questionable as to where I would land on that!!!!)

Ramble over, you're welcome. :14:

I think that measure is to what is appropriate for a relationship, not as an object of your desires - And I really think that most 18 year olds would object to your desires :3:

Villan Of The North - 25/4/2014 21:02

I do like that last one KK.

Onmeheadfred, it would be very strange for this thread to be any form of attack on religion when the opening post was a humorous post about the church to which I myself belong, I joined some 15 years ago. But thanks for the concern for us religious types though, it is, believe it or not, genuinely appreciated.

So you can't buy women flowers? :15:

OnMeHeadFred - 25/4/2014 15:54

Villan Of The North - 25/4/2014 14:47

Are you telling us that they give you Norwegian wood? :69:

Have you seen Scandinavian teenage girls? I repeat :136: lol

This is a fairly typical sight for this time of year due to a special celebration Norwegian teenagers have when the are in their final spring time in "6th form".
[img=http://www.moss-avis.no/polopoly_fs/russ-1.6117149!/image/4287056014.jpg_gen/derivatives/derivative_article_980/4287056014.jpg]

BodyButter - 25/4/2014 16:28

Villan Of The North - 25/4/2014 21:02

I do like that last one KK.

Onmeheadfred, it would be very strange for this thread to be any form of attack on religion when the opening post was a humorous post about the church to which I myself belong, I joined some 15 years ago. But thanks for the concern for us religious types though, it is, believe it or not, genuinely appreciated.

So you can't buy women flowers? :15:

I think I'm risking excommunication, I bought my wife some flowers on our wedding anniversary and have done so on numerous other occasions. :10:

OnMeHeadFred - 25/4/2014 14:20

ClivetheVillan - 25/4/2014 12:32

I can understand the seriousness it is to some about talking religion, my nan was a devote catholic and she emigrated from Ireland as a kid,if she was around now and heard me have a joke about religion i would have one almighty thick ear tbh

Catholicism is definitely a big part of the Irish ethnic identity and I know a few people who go for the sense of community and a reminder of where they come from, rather than out of religious enthusiasm.

These days, they tell me, you can hardly get a seat because of the number of Poles.

Wow there is a lot of Poles in Ireland aswell? I think religion has relaxed massively ain't it as you say in you communities its more of a tradition/communal thing, i get that tbh

OnMeHeadFred - 25/4/2014 09:50

This does seem to be yet another very thinly disguised attack on religion and the religious, which, even if I am not religious, seems rather unfair.

It would seem that most of us are skating on very thin ice when we attack religion because football is replete with superstition and magical thinking, and, these days, is morally and politically suspect to say the least.

And, how much does the average fan sacrifice, in terms of money and opportunity loss, by supporting a club? These sacrifices in terms of money and time are far greater than most churches demand of their believers. A church might ask for a tithe (10%) but I know that many football fans pay out far more than 10% of their income, for the sake of their belief.

Attacking the religious is unfair, just as it would be unfair to attack people who think body-building gives meaning to their lives, which is another activity which is far from devoid of restrictions and the belief in the power and magic of supplements.

Read the thread on motivation and a better collection of mantras about faith and belief you'll not see, in anything other than a religion.

Religion may seem irrational but what we find is that when people cease to be religious, they don't become totally rational, they tend to transfer their irrationality to something else.

The ability of people who claim to be rational to hold irrational beliefs, is often far more shocking than someone who claims that rationality is not enough, who apparently believes in something which seems irrational.

Man lives by more than bread alone!

As VOTN has said, yes your post is appreciated. Thank you :55: