Strange restrictions placed on people by their religion | Page 2 | Vital Football

Strange restrictions placed on people by their religion

• Thread starter Villan Of The North
  • Start date
What a serious turn this light hearted thread has taken :23:

LOL... I was thinking that Villan, wasn't meant to be another does God exist thread, anyway, I've already proved he doesn't by saying

God doesn't exist FACT...

not sure why the world hasn't picked up on that by now! :3:

Because he does.....FACT! And as I used and exclamation mark my FACT trumps yours :89:

I would luv to join a religion where i am the leader and all bow before me, i might call this religion errrm a Cult, and make some great worshiping rules like, topless women vickers doing morning service, i would be a cool cult leader tbh

ClivetheVillan - 24/4/2014 16:54

I would luv to join a religion where i am the leader and all bow before me, i might call this religion errrm a Cult, and make some great worshiping rules like, topless women vickers doing morning service, i would be a cool cult leader tbh

Surely you wouldn't join a religion that you were the leader of, you would found it. I expect it would be quite popular Clive, as long as your holy scripture was not written in Yam Yam :3:

ClivetheVillan - 24/4/2014 22:54

:1: :1:

Are you on the Vimto again Clive ?.......

:17:

ClivetheVillan - 24/4/2014 13:52

I don't know how any that goes to church or calls them self a christian etc can say they don't follow a religion, if you are one of these religous groups then thats what you are, now myself i live by trying to be to people as they am to me, if somebody is alright to me i am with them, and don't want to bother nobody and make sure my kids grow up with manners and respect for there elders like i was, but these religous groups are out dated now and a control for the masses imo

With greatest respect Clive, you don't know enough about Christianity to say that. You have your pre conceived ideas., like I did once.

Far from out dated Clive. You haven't a clue how the Church is changing and modernizing. OK they aren't all.

There is nothing controlling about Christianity if you know it has I do. Christianity is not a microwave meal. You can't learn it all overnight.
Most people don't want to learn. That is fine. However Christianity isn't has outdated as many think.

You only have to take a look at my church, of which a third of the church is under 30. The youth work done by people who are under 30 and are Christians. Granted it isn't like it in in every church.

The church is far more modern in many than you realise

colavfc - 24/4/2014 13:47

But religion does cause harm. and lots of it on a global scale. i get part of what your saying. for example my mom believes in angels.... ok thats fine. up tp her... that belief is doing no one any harm and provides her with some positivity. but unfortunately we get way too many extremists (alot of them imported into this country) who will use religion to manipulate vulnerable people. but thats prob a different discussion all on its own. people are following these biblical/ku'ran rules though all there lives for what? to realise a moment from death that noone is coming to get them and they wont be going anywhere other than 6foot under. what a waste of a life.

If it wasn't faith Colin, it would have another name: People fight and argue all the time. I don't deny they is harm done by people who claim to be of faith.

Also there is more good done in the name of the Christian faith than there isn't. You don''t hear about that cos it doesn't sell media space.

CAP/REFLECT/Food banks are just 3 examples of what the Christian community do in The U.K.

Abroad the massive missionary works being done people don't realize.

Oh for goodness sake Kefkat, colavfc and the rest of you, can you not leave it alone and stop ruining a nice light hearted thread? Just because others have done so, is that a good reason for you too? We all know your religious stance from a hundred other threads where it was far more aporopriate to post them. This was just a light hearted bit of fun, can we not have that about a subject from time to time without people feeling the need spout their already well voiced views?

This does seem to be yet another very thinly disguised attack on religion and the religious, which, even if I am not religious, seems rather unfair.

It would seem that most of us are skating on very thin ice when we attack religion because football is replete with superstition and magical thinking, and, these days, is morally and politically suspect to say the least.

And, how much does the average fan sacrifice, in terms of money and opportunity loss, by supporting a club? These sacrifices in terms of money and time are far greater than most churches demand of their believers. A church might ask for a tithe (10%) but I know that many football fans pay out far more than 10% of their income, for the sake of their belief.

Attacking the religious is unfair, just as it would be unfair to attack people who think body-building gives meaning to their lives, which is another activity which is far from devoid of restrictions and the belief in the power and magic of supplements.

Read the thread on motivation and a better collection of mantras about faith and belief you'll not see, in anything other than a religion.

Religion may seem irrational but what we find is that when people cease to be religious, they don't become totally rational, they tend to transfer their irrationality to something else.

The ability of people who claim to be rational to hold irrational beliefs, is often far more shocking than someone who claims that rationality is not enough, who apparently believes in something which seems irrational.

Man lives by more than bread alone!

I do so enjoy onemeheadfreds posts,good to see you about!!

Didn't understand a word if it though, I'm one of Lamberts thickies :3:

The Fear - 25/4/2014 09:53

I do so enjoy onemeheadfreds posts,good to see you about!!

Didn't understand a word if it though, I'm one of Lamberts thickies :3:

As father Jack would say: Dat would be a ecumenical question! :94:

:17:

I do feel for Villan of the north with this one, the thread was meant to be a laugh!!!!!

... Hope this helps, put the lights back on :15: :98: :15: Last 1 especially is my favorite

Attachments

• This way follow me.jpg
    This way follow me.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
  • now lets get this straight.jpg
    now lets get this straight.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hand on moses.gif
    hand on moses.gif
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • don't worry about the end of the world.jpg
    don't worry about the end of the world.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Jesus Olympic swimmer.jpg
    Jesus Olympic swimmer.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
  • the woodpecker might have to go.jpg
    the woodpecker might have to go.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • saying dead.jpg
    saying dead.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
I do like that last one KK.

Onmeheadfred, it would be very strange for this thread to be any form of attack on religion when the opening post was a humorous post about the church to which I myself belong, I joined some 15 years ago. But thanks for the concern for us religious types though, it is, believe it or not, genuinely appreciated.

kefkat - 24/4/2014 22:51

ClivetheVillan - 24/4/2014 13:52

I don't know how any that goes to church or calls them self a christian etc can say they don't follow a religion, if you are one of these religous groups then thats what you are, now myself i live by trying to be to people as they am to me, if somebody is alright to me i am with them, and don't want to bother nobody and make sure my kids grow up with manners and respect for there elders like i was, but these religous groups are out dated now and a control for the masses imo

With greatest respect Clive, you don't know enough about Christianity to say that. You have your pre conceived ideas., like I did once.

Far from out dated Clive. You haven't a clue how the Church is changing and modernizing. OK they aren't all.

There is nothing controlling about Christianity if you know it has I do. Christianity is not a microwave meal. You can't learn it all overnight.
Most people don't want to learn. That is fine. However Christianity isn't has outdated as many think.

You only have to take a look at my church, of which a third of the church is under 30. The youth work done by people who are under 30 and are Christians. Granted it isn't like it in in every church.

The church is far more modern in many than you realise

Chill out KK i was on the wind up :56: got you back for not believing my Randy Lerner sale rumours gossip :139: :35:

Yes Pride Vimto is good but the E numbers send me more loopy than i am already :39:

Villan Of The North - 25/4/2014 12:02

I do like that last one KK.

Onmeheadfred, it would be very strange for this thread to be any form of attack on religion when the opening post was a humorous post about the church to which I myself belong, I joined some 15 years ago. But thanks for the concern for us religious types though, it is, believe it or not, genuinely appreciated.

That's all right then.

People can tell as many jokes about their own religion as they like, except maybe Salman Rushdie.

Thanks for your appreciation - Blessed are those who wear magic underpants, don't they say.

I can understand the seriousness it is to some about talking religion, my nan was a devote catholic and she emigrated from Ireland as a kid,if she was around now and heard me have a joke about religion i would have one almighty thick ear tbh

Jonathan

I thought your motto, especially when you meet schoolgirls in the street is:

FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY! :10: