Stop the Rot | Vital Football

Stop the Rot

Canary Kevin

Vital Squad Member
If we lose the next 3 games Derby, Rotherham, Birmingham. Will the board consider changing the coach instead of waiting until it is too late. How many losses out of the next ten games would everyone accept?

Problem is DF could be fired and a yes man appointed from the usual predictable list and with most good players sold we will be in same position again.

The selfish unambitious owners selling up is the only answer.

That is the worry DG - They will want a yes man and not someone who will come and and shake things up.

Wagner was sacked and he has a close relationship with Webber but the guy has struggled. Howe would be seen as a perfect manager for them I think.

I understand it must be so difficult for DF when players are sold when he wants to keep them and players signed are mainly through the DoF but it is down to him how we set up, what players play and where, the subs the mentality.

Some fans were saying over 3 seasons he has been poor in 2 and good in 1 and so far 4 game in this season we have been poor.

i would give Fark Up 10 games and if we are not within touching distance of second place by then , then it’s time for him to go . Only trouble is as DG says is that the Smiths need to go at that same time, but they won’t and will continue to drag the club down with their total lack of ambition

self funded club the season is only 3 games old and I am sick of hearing those words. I think Webber has said it, DF a couple of times too.

Dave G sums up my feelings on the way things are going.
Rex will understand

Now I have seen the warnings, screaming from all sides.
It’s easy to ignore them, God knows I’ve tried.
All of this temptation, you know it turned my faith to lies.
Until I couldn’t see the danger or hear the rising tide

Reactions: Rex
I would like to see the self funding model work not only for NCFC but eventually for all clubs.

Stop the panic!

Two seasons ago many of you were ready to sack Farke after one month!
Not panicking yet BB and not saying get rid of DF yet. I am just getting ready to panic and preparing the way for the eventuality. Surely, the coaching system should indicate to the fans that there is a lot more to us than just a plan A.

Stop the panic!

Two seasons ago many of you were ready to sack Farke after one month!

I cannot recall anybody asking him to be sacked after one month.
Everybody knows how I feel about the Smiffs and their lack of energy and ambition and sadly we have to accept they will not be selling up and they will not remove Webber and subsequently Farke so we know they will be staying too.

What we are saying is Farke does not help himself by his continual refusal to change tactics before or during the game or his team selections and as such plays into Smiffs hands by fans turning their frustrations onto him when they should be screaming for Smiffs heads.
If he keeps up with the poor performances and results in conjunction with leaving out best players to select the worse ones he will be in trouble with fans although that does not matter to club as we have no input anyway especially as unable to make a point at the games.

I cannot recall anybody asking him to be sacked after one month.
Everybody knows how I feel about the Smiffs and their lack of energy and ambition and sadly we have to accept they will not be selling up and they will not remove Webber and subsequently Farke so we know they will be staying too.

What we are saying is Farke does not help himself by his continual refusal to change tactics before or during the game or his team selections and as such plays into Smiffs hands by fans turning their frustrations onto him when they should be screaming for Smiffs heads.
If he keeps up with the poor performances and results in conjunction with leaving out best players to select the worse ones he will be in trouble with fans although that does not matter to club as we have no input anyway especially as unable to make a point at the games.

There were many posts here saying Farke had to go as a result of a poor start in the season we were promoted from the Championship two seasons ago.

I agree re the Stowmarket Two's lack of ambition and is really time for them to pass the baton to someone with the resources to "turbo charge" this club. Last season we should have been added some players with quality to our young first team players to give them a chance and not surrender due to the lack of resources.

Playing "musical chairs" with the football management doesn't alter the fundamental issue for this club, which is its ownership and resourcing.

Yes, Farke is taking the flak from the fans when it should be aimed at the Stowmarket Two.

As for leaving Cantwell and EMI out of the first team. I back Farke 100% on this one as they are not producing on the pitch. I will be making a post on the Buendia and Cantwell thread about this ......watch that space!

BTW if you are leaving those two out, then you must start with Vrancic to maintain some creativity in the team and you need to be flexible re the game plans.

I would like to see the self funding model work not only for NCFC but eventually for all clubs.

Arsenal fans claim they have been self funding for 5 seasons (I havent checked their accounts yet). Their owner (dont know if its 100%) is a Billionaire. Having spent a net £24m this window, they want to two players, a box to box midfielder from Athletico Madrid with a release clause of £45m and a creative attacking midfielder from Lyon costing a potential euros 50m. They are trying to sell some fringe players in order to finance the purchase of the player from Lyon.

Will Mr K turbo charge that clubs progress under Arteta by lending the money to the club to sign the second player?

Last edited:
Forest sack their manager due to his poor form

Last 20 games -

3 wins
7 draws
10 losses

Is that better than DF?

7 straight defeats though.

Shame they didn't have us next as you know they'd beat us.

Forest sack their manager due to his poor form

Apart from Cash how many players have they sold in this window?

You can have the best manager in the world but with our majority owners unable to give the management team the financial backing, I was amazed that we managed to beat anybody outside the bottom 6 last season. Comparing defeats in the Premership with those in the Championship is meaningless. What matters is this seasons form in the Championship where we should be competitive despite the level of resourcing from the majority owners.

I see Arsenal laid out a payment of £45m for Partey despite not offloading all the players they wanted to. Thats the benefit of having an owner with resources, they can either provide the resources themselves or guarantee bank lending.

Just look at how many rich owners of Championship clubs there are. The Stowmarket Two are now 23rd out of 24. The owner of Luton comes in at 24 with £20m.