STOP PRESS - Raheem Sterling eats breakfast | Page 4 | Vital Football

STOP PRESS - Raheem Sterling eats breakfast

Happy to report Mr. Lawton was torn to shreds in the comments section on both Twitter and apparently in the comments section of the article on the Mail's website.

Even happier to report it wasn't just City fans backing Sterling, it was across the board condemnation for this piece from fans of all clubs, yes them lot too and yes that other lot aswell.

Happy to report Mr. Lawton was torn to shreds in the comments section on both Twitter and apparently in the comments section of the article on the Mail's website.

Even happier to report it wasn't just City fans backing Sterling, it was across the board condemnation for this piece from fans of all clubs, yes them lot too and yes that other lot aswell.

Good to know.

As the team is doing possibly as well or even better than anticipated the feel good vibe which has settled over the nation like a continental quilt will even extend as far as overlooking Sterlings many perceived shortcomings.

The 'narrative' (hi Skoorb!) does suggest that Sterling will net the winner in the last minute of extra time - having earlier equalised Brasil's opener following a needless handball for which Kane was deservedly red carded.

Good to know. Perhaps people are wising up to the agendas and limited thinking behind some of this brutally unfounded garbage.

If you need to forward something to anyone you know who blathers on about how ‘rubbish’ Sterling is for England, I can recommend this which suggest such criticism is stupid. I heartily agree.

https://www.tifofootball.com/video/...ned-raheem-sterling-is-better-than-you-think/

It has not gone unnoticed by me that, tonight, Sky have begun their re-integration of Jamie Carragher back into their fold following his suspension back in the Spring when he was filmed by a rag oik spitting at said rag’s daughter.
Carragher was one of the dippers, along with Thompson, who were instrumental in starting the hate of Raheem. I was hoping we had seen the back of this gobshite but sadly not.

No standards. All for forgiveness etc ......but draw the line at getting his job back. Free to start slagging off Sterling again

This cannot be allowed to drag on all season or we will have another Milner situation on our hands. A player hunting (weakly) at ‘commitment’ to the club and ‘sure things will work out’ but essentially seeking to squeeze the club for a massive increase whilst (secretly) not really being bothered because in the end the enormous signing on bonus that comes with a free transfer is a juicy prize.

I have been a huge supporter of Sterling in the face of the vitriol he faced after his departure from Liverpool. If he stiffs City I will be unamused and he will, sadly, have proved his critics right. They slagged him off for his engineering of the exit from Liverpool, they will lap it up if there is a repeat.

He still has a lot to learn and surely Pep is best placed to continue to improve him as a player. If he fails to see that then more fool him.

This cannot be allowed to drag on all season or we will have another Milner situation on our hands. A player hunting (weakly) at ‘commitment’ to the club and ‘sure things will work out’ but essentially seeking to squeeze the club for a massive increase whilst (secretly) not really being bothered because in the end the enormous signing on bonus that comes with a free transfer is a juicy prize.

I have been a huge supporter of Sterling in the face of the vitriol he faced after his departure from Liverpool. If he stiffs City I will be unamused and he will, sadly, have proved his critics right. They slagged him off for his engineering of the exit from Liverpool, they will lap it up if there is a repeat.

He still has a lot to learn and surely Pep is best placed to continue to improve him as a player. If he fails to see that then more fool him.

I think he believed the rumours that 'Real' are interested, a rumour no doubt spread by his agent who forgot to tell his client, it was not Madrid but Zaragosa

Another player whose agent has an eye for one prize only? The size of his cut in any deal.

I always felt that with his stock running high on the back of City’s scintillating season he should have settled these contract negotiations before the WC. Pinning your hopes (or perhaps his agents) on being able to leverage a better deal based on potential performances is a flawed strategy & one which I believe has failed for other players.

Far better to base them on actual evidence of how you have performed. If this was the advice he took then it was a mistake.

Another player whose agent has an eye for one prize only? The size of his cut in any deal.

I always felt that with his stock running high on the back of City’s scintillating season he should have settled these contract negotiations before the WC. Pinning your hopes (or perhaps his agents) on being able to leverage a better deal based on potential performances is a flawed strategy & one which I believe has failed for other players.

Far better to base them on actual evidence of how you have performed. If this was the advice he took then it was a mistake.

If he had a good world cup then his market value increases, it didn't work out that way as it turned he was average but if you have self belief then you are going to gamble because if that gamble pays off then you're in a much better negotiating position.