Stoke | Vital Football

Stoke

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
Im expecting another tight affair, and most likely a draw. The way we are playing and against every team that plays us on the counter it always turns out a 1 goal decider or draw doesnt it.
Do we bring back Gianni? Or revert to sorenson who to be fair played in the side every game that got us to the top before?
It wont say much for the new lad if he is benched.
Pukki really needs to start being prolific again, he gets in great positions but is so wasteful.
Emi returns which is huge, but will cantwell get back to form as we need both ticking.
Does mclean play? After his woeful game against the swans id rather he didnt.
I personally would rather go gun-ho for rest of the season like we did 2 yrs ago and how Brentford are, than to carry on plodding on a downward spiral if these bore draws continue and we lose too much ground.

I am so glad we signed Nyland - DF says 'there is no rush for him to get back to fitness as Krul and Barden are is good shape and doing well. We will not put pressure on him returning yet'

So we signed a GK who was injured and are not going to expect him to return any time soon --- we are going on 29 games of the season it isn't like we have the whole season ahead of us.

DF says that Sorensen was rested but the plan was for him to replace Gianno after the two games

Xavi wasn't involved in the last three games because he was not fit but is ready to push his way back in to the match day squad but it is up to him.

He seems like another of these injury prone players

DF says that every position has competition now which is what he wanted from day one ---- so why didn't he make sure we had that at the start of the season (Left Back)?

DF says that there are many reasons why we didn't score against Swansea:

'There's always a reason why you can't score. It's difficult to score against Swansea, they have the best defensive record and many clean sheets.

We played the third game within six games and it was not easy. But to be fair, Swansea made it difficult for us. One thing is for sure, we have to step up our individual performances, especially up front, but also as a team.'

So why didn't you score against Barnsley, Boro and Millwall? Why did you only register 3 shots at goal?

Ha DF says that from all these games we learn sometime:

Against Millwall the lesson learnt was - we needed to add a ruthless streak to our game - which you didn't add for the next match

Against MBoro the lesson learnt was - not to get a red card --- fecking hell really?

Against Swansea the lesson learnt was- to be patient and to create against a deep setting team. It took 28 games and most of them against sides sitting deep for DF to learn this

Here comes Delia DF -

He say of course we want to lead from the front but we are not concerned at losing top spot as long as we are in the top 6 come the end of the season.

Fucking hell DF so you're saying you'll be happy dropping to 6th and then going through the play offs with the possibility of losing that and staying in the Championship?

'Of course, I'd still rather us lead from the front. But we are not concerned at all. Just one thing counts, we know we need to get 80 points to finish in the top six.'

DF says that we have struggled because our creative players have been injured. We need to get Dowel, Hernandez and Idah fit.

I thought they were fit and that is why for the last three games they have been in the match day squad??

He then says these players need time on the pitch - so who is it that can give them game time??? Ah, yes, you DF!

Giving Idah, Dowell and Hernandez 3/5/7 minutes isn't helping

Did DF just drop a massive hint that Aarons will leave in the summer?

'January is never the right market to move, it's always a bit rushed. You have to make sure the move is spot on for you. The club and Max were on the same page with regards to a January move.'

DF saying that we want to distance Stoke from the 6th spot......all this talk of top 6. DF we are 2nd and two points off top. Talk about being the best side in the league and wanting that top spot.

Saying we are in a great position to finsih in the top 6 but it will be really hard for us tomorrow

So how would you go tomorrow?

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-4-2 / 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-2-1/ 5-3-2

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Gianno

Skipp
Sorensen

Hernandez
Cantwell
Emi

Pukki

I would like to change it and have 3 in Central midfield but I just don't want to include McLean or Vrancic. Tettey is fine but he slows everything down and I want us playing the quick ball.

So how would you go tomorrow?

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-4-2 / 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-2-1/ 5-3-2

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Gianno

Skipp
Sorensen

Hernandez
Cantwell
Emi

Pukki

I would like to change it and have 3 in Central midfield but I just don't want to include McLean or Vrancic. Tettey is fine but he slows everything down and I want us playing the quick ball.
That would be my team Bears too