Stoke. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Stoke.

I would've liked Gelhardt to come on immediately after the 3-0. Bit frustrating to see him only get 5-10 minutes if he's lucky

bk9hlatnv3851.jpg

Just wow, this is the biggest win of the season by far and we completely smashed them, dominate all over, Naismith will rightfully get the MOTM and plaudits, but Lowe was also sensational, that bulk up worked wonders, of course, all of them were amazing too. That is us staying up now, we will go to the best team IMO in the championship away next game. I won't even put it past us to get something. But Brentford is a top top side.

I would've liked Gelhardt to come on immediately after the 3-0. Bit frustrating to see him only get 5-10 minutes if he's lucky

yep ...Gelhardt and Garner maybe should have come on 5/10 mins earlier and given Moore a rest.
A poor miss by Lowe but to be fair I thought he had a really good game, then again I can’t think of any of our lads that didn‘t.

Playing proper football now and we really look like a team, where we know what we are doing in all parts of the pitch. Congratulations to the manager are in order ...3 wins off the bat after 3 months off and what looks like a solid defence with 7 consecutive clean sheets.
Big test on Saturday, but let’s see....now looking forward to this fixture where a while ago we’d have been dreading it!

I agree mate ..........but it's not odds on to be an easy win. That's all.
read my post again i never said it was easy i was being simplistic
possession + goals is great or no possession + goals is great
but no possession + no goals is not what you want
anyway tonight against stoke we did the possession + goals
which is what fans want
BC

read my post again i never said it was easy i was being simplistic
possession + goals is great or no possession + goals is great
but no possession + no goals is not what you want
anyway tonight against stoke we did the possession + goals
which is what fans want
BC
I didn't say you did say that ..................... but pauadrian did ................ which is why I mentioned the Stoke stats against Boro ............... and then you chipped in with getting the ball in the back of the net.

Like you say, tonight, we did both and Stoke did neither .........so all's well.
:cheers:

I didn't say you did say that ..................... but pauadrian did ................ which is why I mentioned the Stoke stats against Boro ............... and then you chipped in with getting the ball in the back of the net.

Like you say, tonight, we did both and Stoke did neither .........so all's well.
:cheers:

I definetly thought it would be an easy game but there was doubt in my mind. On to Brentford!

Best performance since jewels championship teams. That what happens when you go for a win and not sitting back. Why wait till now

Just 👏👏👏👏👏 all round 😁
Cracking performance and bossed the whole game - most relaxed watching Tics for final 10 minutes in ages.
William's MoM for me - getting better every game that lad UTFT 🔵⚪

Best performance since jewels championship teams. That what happens when you go for a win and not sitting back. Why wait till now

Erm, I'm more than happy to agree that we were superb tonight ........ but have you forgotten about "that run in"?.................... and especially an unbelievable 45 mins against New Cassle?

;)

Only one criticism from tonight. Why the hell did we wait until the last minute to bring on Gelhardt? The moment that third goal went in he should have been on that pitch. Apart from that...superb performance. Let off with that sitter they missed early on, different game if they score that, but when you’re in form those things tend to go your way. Free hit on Saturday now, wouldn’t even mind Brentford winning if it means they cut the gap on Leeds!

Only one criticism from tonight. Why the hell did we wait until the last minute to bring on Gelhardt? The moment that third goal went in he should have been on that pitch. Apart from that...superb performance. Let off with that sitter they missed early on, different game if they score that, but when you’re in form those things tend to go your way. Free hit on Saturday now, wouldn’t even mind Brentford winning if it means they cut the gap on Leeds!

Yeah I kinda want Brentford to win :LOL:. I don't care about the result vs Brentford but if we win that would be insane

Yeah I kinda want Brentford to win :LOL:. I don't care about the result vs Brentford but if we win that would be insane
Hopefully we beat them. We will if we get more shots actually on target. Butland is shite and more on target tonight and it could have been six. After that best wishes to Brentford for promotion and Fulham too.

Excellent performance, by far the better team. Moved the ball around really well, looked comfortable in possession and happy to pass it around but go more direct as well to mix it up. Stoke were bloody awful so perhaps that needs to be taken into account, though bar a few set pieces rarely threatened. Probably should have won by more, but still. Fair play to Naismith, a superb second goal and played well.

A pity we’ll likely lose some key players during the window as it’ll be like starting again when they are playing so well together as unit. Still I think there is more work to do this season as it’s so tight at the bottom. Reckon another win should do it. Free hit Saturday but the rest are winnable.

Absolutely stunning result and performance that in such a massive game! We completely dominated Stoke from start to finish.Superb,crisp pass and move football,combined with a tremendous work ethic,team spirit,shape and organisation.We're playing with so much confidence at the moment and that was a joy to watch tonight!Up the tics!

That was one of the best team performances we've ever put in - complete cohesion throughout the side. We didn't win that so comfotably because we had better players it was all down to our method of play - it wasn't a demolishion it was an assassination with clinical precision. Our work rate and desire were outstanding and we were so dominant throughout - we were better in every department and didn't give them a chance to play. It was a complete performance.

When you think back to earlier in the season when there was no method of play, at goal kicks everyone would turn their back run to the half way line and get ready to battle for a hoof and hope. There was no composure, movement or positive play it was so ineffective and ugly. Compare to now every time we have the ball there is always multiple easy options as the movement has become so fluid and players know where each other are. We have become a very aggressive and positive well oiled machine. Everyone seems to know their jobs inside out and what their team mates need from them - they have become so well organised. The players, manager and coaching staff deserve a huge amount of credit for what is going on right now as that was a special performance.

It reminded me of playing Preston away at the start of the season - they didn't have a great set of players but the method to their play was superb and every player was so well drilled that it made the unit so much greater than the sum of it's parts. But this time it was us dishing out a football lesson with the opposition chasing shadows due to our overwhelming superior team work.

There must have been some serious work put in at the training ground to go from where we were to where we are now. The transformation was so dramatic you'd not think it was possible without changing manager and signing a new set of players. It's like that Martinez 10 game spell where we were previously so poor and somehow turned into world beaters. I thought that was so freakish that it would be something we'd never see again but this transformation is pretty close.

The fitness levels have been off the charts since we came back so everyone involved in getting the players into this shape after the 3 months deserves huge credit. The fitness regime has set us up to succeed.

They all did themselves and us proud tonight. Survival is not quite achieved yet but we are finger tips away. 1 more win will likely seal the deal.