Stoke. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Stoke.

3 games played 7 goals scored 0 against maybe we are better without the crowd
Of course we are. We didn’t have to adapt unlike most other Championship teams due to our ground being far too big for us. Add in opposition fans not putting the fear of god into our players away from home with ten minutes to go and we’re now reaping the benefits.

Of course we are. We didn’t have to adapt unlike most other Championship teams due to our ground being far too big for us. Add in opposition fans not putting the fear of god into our players away from home with ten minutes to go and we’re now reaping the benefits.

Thats what it is then and i thought we are good team

Did you watch us under Joyce, this manager team even at its worst is nothing like that.

Cheer up look up not down.
Yes I most definitely did and like I said for much of the time it has been like Yootha re-visited watching some of our performances over the last couple of seasons. Like you say though look up now yes, and hope, as there have been huge signs of improvement of late (for which I have acknowledged) we hit the ground running when the new season starts with players in position, consistent line ups and positive substitutions like for like.

Last edited:
Just wow, this is the biggest win of the season by far and we completely smashed them, dominate all over, Naismith will rightfully get the MOTM and plaudits, but Lowe was also sensational, that bulk up worked wonders, of course, all of them were amazing too. That is us staying up now, we will go to the best team IMO in the championship away next game. I won't even put it past us to get something. But Brentford is a top top side.

Rewind to this time and day two years ago..........

Superb result tonight and that's is us safe for another season in the Championship.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Rewind to this time and day two years ago..........

Superb result tonight and that's is us safe for another season in the Championship.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

For anyone unfortunate to be old enough it was one of them JFK moments....I know exactly where I was and about what time. During the early covid months me and the wife would set off for our morning walk about 11 o clock and we had gone over Hindley golf course heading for Top Lock and the canal. Nearly there and my phone went and it's the brother in law with this garbled message about about what was breaking on Sky Sports. My actual words were " what the fuck are you on about ?"

The rest of the walk was a daze , desperate to get home and see what's going on.

Little Chinese bastards.

I was working from home and quite merrily tapping away on the laptop after watching the prior evening’s emphatic destruction of Stoke …not a care in the world….then my lad (who lives in Barcelona) rang me

“Dad …have you seen we are ‘in administration’ ??

“What ! what ?…are we bollocks” …and then the truth dawned …lost a fair bit of sleep in the following weeks I can tell you…..awful.

I was working from home and quite merrily tapping away on the laptop after watching the prior evening’s emphatic destruction of Stoke …not a care in the world….then my lad (who lives in Barcelona) rang me

“Dad …have you seen we are ‘in administration’ ??

“What ! what ?…are we bollocks” …and then the truth dawned …lost a fair bit of sleep in the following weeks I can tell you…..awful.

Same as you Zeb, I was at home on my laptop and the wife came through and said that Wigan have gone into administration, I must admit my first thoughts were that she meant the rugby, but she said "no it's the Latics". I said "don't be daft, we have only just been taken over". I then turned the TV on and it was all over Sky. I was flabbergasted.

I got a message about lunch time "shite news about Wigan" I had no idea what the context was. Thought the 9pts had made us safe so wondered if it was a covid issue for the next game. Then I switched on SSN