Sheff Wed 2 Swans 2
Huddersfield 1 Swans 1
WBA 5 Swans 1
Luton 0 Swans 1
Brentford 3 Swans 1
Cardiff 0 Swansea 0

Last edited:
In the corresponding fixture on 5th Oct Swans were hit by a 90th minute winner:
Bottom club Stoke City earned a first Championship win of the season as they came from behind to stun Swansea City and knock them off the top of the table.
The Swans were ahead inside a minute when Andre Ayew tapped home a rebound.
Former Swans midfielder Sam Clucas levelled for the Potters midway through the first half, firing home after keeper Freddie Woodman parried Joe Allen's effort.
Stoke won it in the final moments when substitute Scott Hogan tapped home from close range.

I hope we wipe the smile off Clucas’s face on Saturday. Remember he over celebrated in front of the West Stand after scoring the equaliser for Stoke here this season.
Bought for £16.5 mill, he was given a four year contract on wages of 50k a week (so pocketed £2.6 mill for the year he was here). He played 29 games for the Swans in the PL, season 2017-18 and scored 3 goals. He was given away 12 months later for £6 mill to Stoke, when we had that infamous fire sale. He did almost nothing whilst here, was an embarrassment of a signing for such a high fee and wages, and was dubbed “Useless Clucas” or “Clueless” by the fans.

We had a strong team out that day -
Woodman, Roberts, Hoorn, Rodon, Naughton, Fulton, Grimes, Ayew, Dhanda, Celina, Baston
Stoke had three ex-Swans playing - Carter-Vickers, Clucas, Allen.
After match comments:
Steve Cooper
We fell short of our performance levels today and it cost us, we turned the ball over too many times. If you don't do the basics well enough it will cost you, it is that black and white and that was the case today. We made a perfect start and should build on that, but for some reason we didn't want to break forward... we weren't brave enough... we encouraged them to come onto us in hurtful areas and then the inevitable will happen.
We were not at the level required today and I thought in the end we didn't do enough to get a result. We didn't play to our identity.
Stoke's squad on paper is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, in the league, so I never looked at the league table.
We didn't get too high when things were going well and we won't get too low about this."

Following second in the table Leeds 1-0 defeat at QPR on the weekend it was league leaders West Brom’s turn to flop last night.
Our next opponents Stoke conjured up a shock 0-1 win at the Hawthorns.
An early goal was enough to get all 3 points. West Brom, with 69% possession,16 shots on goal but only 2 on target, couldn’t make the breakthrough. Stoke had only 4 shots on goal, 2 on target, yet it was enough to see off the Baggies and inflict on them their third defeat of the season.
We are just 8 points behind leaders West Brom and 7 points behind second place Leeds, but in my opinion we will have to up our goal rate if we have aspirations of doing anything this season. With only 34 goals scored so far, you have to go all the way down to 15th place Derby to find a team with less goals scored.

Last edited:
Conor Gallagher has already scored against Stoke this season, way back in August.
83’ Goal! Charlton Athletic 3 - Stoke City 1. Conor Gallagher (Charlton) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal. Assisted by Lyle Taylor following a corner.
Let’s hope for a repeat.

Ex-Swan Joe Allen attracting interest from PL strugglers West Ham and Burnley, they had their scouts watching the West Brom v Stoke match on Monday night.
Can they move for him before Saturday please. Strange, but Allen always seems desperate to beat us and usually plays above himself.

Big game for us if we're challenging for the playoffs. Stoke will be a tough one at their place and be a best to see if we are capable of a top 6 finish. We've got creativity in the side now so I'm a bit more confident we can at least get a point

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Conor Gallagher, Matt Grimes (captain); Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Rhian Brewster.
Substitutes: Erwin Mulder, Ben Wilmot, Joe Rodon, Jay Fulton, Yan Dhanda, Wayne Routledge, Borja Baston.

Guehi makes his debut in central defence in preference to Wilmot.
Bidwell replaces the injured Naughton.
Rodon returns to the team on the subs bench.

Same combination of ex-players that undid us at the Liberty.
55’ Stoke 1 - Swans 0
Sam Clucas right footed shot from outside the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Joe Allen.

Goodbye Swans, our bogey side has hit us again.
91’ Stoke 2 - Swans 0

Stoke put the game to bed as Guehi is caught in possession and McClean races away to score. James McClean left footed shot from the left side of the box to the bottom left corner.
94’ match ends 2 - 0

Last edited:
How did we not score with 62% possession, 11 shots on goal and 11 corners?
Possession 38% - 62%
Shots: 16 - 11
On target: 5 - 3
Corners: 1 - 11
Fouls: 11 - 7
Cards: 0Y - 2Y
Ref: Gavin Ward
Att: 22,593

Stoke were 21st in the table, one place above the relegation three, and had lost 16 of their 28 games before we played them today.
Not good enough Swans, flattering to deceive again.
Swansea are winless in nine away Championship games.
Stoke were 14 places below us in the table.
Clucas ran to the away end to celebrate his goal.

Last edited:
Steve Cooper: “We didn't do enough to win the game in terms of creating and scoring goals because we had enough of the ball, there's no doubt about that. We've let them in too easy for their first goal and the second we're obviously chasing the game a little bit and that can happen when you're throwing bodies forward. But It was never a 2-0 game and there wasn't an awful lot between the teams."

Both Stoke’s goals avoidable and were poor goals to concede.
First, Allen was allowed to waltz through as the defence watched on mesmerised, to lay it off to the unmarked Clucas.
Second, Guehi dispossessed far too easily by McClean, and Woodman beaten on his near post as the ball goes through his legs.

Stoke Manager O'Neill said:
"We’re delighted with the result and obviously with the clean sheet as well.
It was a tough game and I don’t think we started particularly well. I thought the first 15, 20 minutes there was a bit nervousness about our play and part of that is down to the opposition. We have to give them credit, they’re a good team.
It took us a little while for us to work out how to make it more difficult for them to build from the back and we look at that because we knew it was going to be something we’d have to deal with. Perhaps we were a little bit tentative in how we press.
But once we got over that period, we started to push forward ourselves and got one or two little opportunities, more belief and I thought from 20 minutes on we were good, then second half we were delighted with our performance."
Swansea manager Steve Cooper felt it was a missed opportunity for his side, suggesting "the game was there for us to win".
O'Neill said: "Ok! I would suggest it’s probably true if you look at the league and a team comes in their position! But I still think if you look on the basis of the first half we had the best chances, we had chances on the counter-attack. And I think second half we were worthy winners to be honest and Jack Butland wasn’t kept too busy, he didn’t have too much to do. Overall we’re pleased with the three points.

Both Stoke’s goals avoidable and were poor goals to concede.
First, Allen was allowed to waltz through as the defence watched on mesmerised, to lay it off to the unmarked Clucas.
Second, Guehi dispossessed far too easily by McClean, and Woodman beaten on his near post as the ball goes through his legs.
First goal was a shocker Keith. From a throw in! Midfield get caught ball watching, all focused on Joe Allen leaving clucas free to blast one in.