Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill. | Page 15 | Vital Football

Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill.

Knockaert has had his first good 45 min since joining...apparently. I couldn't see.

I dont want to hear about how well we did. We don't score goals and we always find a way not to win. We are shambolic and I'd take relegation now just so this season could be over.

The best second half I saw ( or imagined) that Forest played for a while. Should have won this game. Cafu should have scored from that 'gift', keeper was already committed, Cafu had to move to the right side and it was an empty net.
Knockhart should have at least hit the goal from that last chance.
Not scoring is going to cost us .

So...do we bring Brennan and carvs back in as options?
I think we do. If we can send back Freeman, and Cafu we should try that too
If Aris want Ioannu and Guerrero then sell them. If Sabri wants Grabban, sell him. Get Figs to Portugal asap
Then use that cash plus wage savings on the best couple of strikers possible.
I wouldn’t buy Knocks but try for a loan extension. If Fulham don’t agree then get grosciki in for 6 months

I think that was a distinctly Championship game, two low-quality sides relying on errors to grind out goals. The difference between ourselves and safety is the missed chances - think about Grabban at home to Rotherham - including two tonight. We were the better side for most of tonight, without ever being good. We’re four unbeaten, and sadly, that was one of the better performances I’ve seen from us in 2020.

I suppose Hughton will point to signs of improvement; 2 goals conceded in our last 4, and we’re grinding out points where we weren’t before. I certainly looked at tonight and thought Stoke were nailed on to beat us. But our continuing inability to score is killing us, and will kill us if we can’t find something from somewhere. Five away goals all season, and 2 of them own goals.

Although last 20 minutes were better, still unconvincing & uninspiring for me. Can't get out of my head how poor Stoke were for a side pushing the top 6. Cafu had all the time & space to go round the keeper, picked the wrong option altogether and cost us points.

His slowness in making changes is frustrating, we looked a lot more of a threat with Taylor on and grabban was doing literally nothing the whole game. Did he tell them to step up the intensity last 20 it was that from the players, either way do that from the first minute for a change.

Footballers are stupid & overpaid but they don’t train for years to do what Hughz wants to do. They want something positive, to be creative not the reincarnation of Dour Doug with the ineptitude of MON

OUT OUT OUT

And that’s why you play Knockaert and Lolley, movement, movement movement.

Cafu and Yates have demonstrated in 5 minutes why they’re the epitome of pedestrian. Cafu’s a league 1 player.
Cracking then chap....we should see the best of him next season !