Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill.

How have we got here? Can anyone explain? Serious question.

Hughton is exactly the kind of manager we were clammering for, of a calibre many of us thought we wouldn’t get. And yet this football is some of the worst I’ve seen in 20 years as a Forest fan. I watch this and I’m reminded, somehow, of the Megson era.

If we go down, I can see us doing a Portsmouth and spending a fair whack of time in League 2. It feels like it’s going to get worse before it gets any better...
That’s some relegation to drop 2 leagues

Prime example there...we get ball around the area and we lump it in rather than pick a pass

decent cross from knocks and no one even close to being near it

Anyone else sat thinking about how we could stop the rot rather than watching the game?

Knockaert and Lolley should be smashing this league but have been piss poor. Grabban and Freeman have been poor or injured. Bach died from a hamstring tweak.

If CH insists on seeing out another loss without trying something then he can go for me. Fuck it.
I’m no footy expert as played hockey/rugby but even I know that if you lose the battle of the midfield then you struggle

we have no pace or creation in the middle as he sets up defensively

Knockaert - who is himself a pain to watch at times - has so little faith in our forward line he’s taking pot shots from 30 yards. Then he boots the ball into his own player. It’s dreadful, dreadful stuff. Stoke aren’t playing us off the pitch, but it feels like their entire team could literally lie down and we still wouldn’t score.

What’s the solution? Surely too early to change the manager. Can we pay some people off in Jan to get them out? Is it low morale, bad influences in the dressing room? I keep hearing that Grabban is a terrible presence to have around more times than not, and yet he’s our captain ffs.

I look at our squad and can hardly think of who I’d like to keep. Soh? Worrall, because he at least cares? McKenna? Mighten? And I guess Taylor would do a job for us in league 1.

Everyone else can go for me. Lolley, sadly, seems to have lost his way. Yates, never been a big fan of. But Figs, Grabban, Colback, Christie, Blackett and even bloody Freeman cannot leave soon enough. Never been more disappointed by the ‘on paper’ ability of a squad and the end result.

Cant wait for this season to be over. It is clear we are going down, but God we are doing it in style.
Our games are all the same. Only difference is the jerseys. Even the grounds are similar, soulless terraces.
The opposition doesnt even need to do much to score against us, we just shift them goals.
Another 45 minutes without a shot on goal, can it be do sad. A team looking at the the bottom of "the well", not even trying to "score" ... if I was Marinakis I donf even bother replacing the manager, I just give the club for free... poor us fans that we have to endure all this ...like if or not...so sad ...

They’ve all been shit, but Ryan Yates is another level of shit.

A few years back in Florida I bumped into my childhood wrestling hero, Hulk Hogan. He'd been through about 8 back surgeries at this point and was over 60. It was sad to see him shuffling about like he'd shit himself.

Why have I brought this up? Because watching Ryan Yates try to get about the pitch reminds me of this, brother.

shocking, but again, hes played all the players available and yes they were shit before he arrived and we bought more shit. i mean seriously the squad is awful, and people still think grabban and lolley make up part of a good squad.

Did he fuck, on the pitch yes, off it he remains a shill for this regime.
I'm not interested in all that shite.

I can't think about anything beyond finding some way to avoid league one.

We could be the fanbase that stopped seeing the team life with us in the playoffs and started again with us in the division below. That's how rancid our club is