Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill. | Vital Football

Stoke v Forest, pushing it uphill.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
The way we're going at the moment this game should be a walkover for Stoke who are 7th in the Championship with 34 points, that's a mile in front of us and on the face of it we're not in the race. But we're a bunch of optimists (well I am, maybe not some of you) and I've been following the Reds for too many years to back off now so I still believe that the impossible sometimes happens and that this may be the time for it. In fact unless it happens pretty quickly we may well be sunk without trace. So for me there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just hope that some of our injured have regained fitness and are going to show what they can do. Also that some of the players have learned how to anticipate a pass and put themselves into a position to do just that, preferably in front of the opposition goal. It would make a serious difference.
As for the the city of Stoke, I've never seen it, years ago it had the reputation of being a collection of big villages with pottery being the only redeeming feature. I wasn't interested then and still feel the same. But the fact remains that Stoke City FC lie 7th in the Championship and we will do well to avoid defeat.

No paragraph keyboards, annoying huh?
Stoke's a poor city lets say, since those pottery industries died or moved or whatever happened to them.
My dark horses to get amongst it this year, last season they started as we have this, but still have a stronger squad and made us look silly a few months ago of course.
Tricky for CH, they will bombard us and hed play for a point normally im sure... a point not really good enough tho

Last game of 2020 & quite frankly, it can't come soon enough to get this woeful year behind us!

Stock odds on favourites and we've been pretty poor against anyone even half decent, so expectations are certainly low!

Colback & Freeman are the only 2 injured players, McKenna could be involved - but perhaps best not to risk him?

Arguably, you'd say that an away point would be a good result, but with Wednesday giving Pulis the boot, perhaps the pressure is back on Hughton?

I hope not, because despite some terrible results, he's been lumbered with a bloated, unbalanced, unfit squad that are punching well below their weight.

Let's hope Hughton can offload some of the latest deadwood signed in the summer, the others that are coming to the end of their contracts may now push for a loan move too - to give themselves a chance at actually earning a contract this summer too and perhaps, with his own contacts & experience - he will get a few decent loans in to freshen us up.

Hope he give knock a start probably his last game.

Not sure I'm looking forward to this, not sure I've looked forward to any of the last 20 odd games the last one was actually painful. Hughton did say he wants them to be braver in attack be nice to see us actually get more forward maybe even get 2 or 3 in the box when a cross comes in.

We’re going to lose heavily & Hughz is going to get fired.

Not what anyone wants I don’t think but it’s what’ll happen.

Also cracking Fred (pmsl) as always ORF much better than usual dross served up by the clique, though I have them placed firmly on ignore.

Last game of 2020 & quite frankly, it can't come soon enough to get this woeful year behind us!

Stock odds on favourites and we've been pretty poor against anyone even half decent, so expectations are certainly low!

Colback & Freeman are the only 2 injured players, McKenna could be involved - but perhaps best not to risk him?

Arguably, you'd say that an away point would be a good result, but with Wednesday giving Pulis the boot, perhaps the pressure is back on Hughton?

I hope not, because despite some terrible results, he's been lumbered with a bloated, unbalanced, unfit squad that are punching well below their weight.

Let's hope Hughton can offload some of the latest deadwood signed in the summer, the others that are coming to the end of their contracts may now push for a loan move too - to give themselves a chance at actually earning a contract this summer too and perhaps, with his own contacts & experience - he will get a few decent loans in to freshen us up.

Isn't that becoming tedious...

Isn't that becoming tedious...

Which bit?

The whole Forest situation is tedious at present!

If rumours are to be believed, then Bachirou, Diallo, Guerrero & Iannou are to be offloaded.

Tyler Blackett has clearly been abducted as his mystery injury must be pretty bad, as he's not been near the squad!

Of the remaining summer signings; Freeman & Colback are injured, Cafu, Taylor, Knockeart, McKenna & Mbe Soh have at least made some appearances

Darikwa is nowhere near the squad, but I've been told he is one of several that are out of contract this summer, that have been told they can leave (I think he's already got a move sorted) - add Zach Clough, Hefele & Bong - to those that they'd be happy to let leave - of only it was that simple.

Sammy & Samba Sow are both out of contract, I'd give Sammy another year but Sow is too injury prone.

Michael Dawson will retire at the end of the season.

Which bit?

The whole Forest situation is tedious at present!

If rumours are to be believed, then Bachirou, Diallo, Guerrero & Iannou are to be offloaded.

Tyler Blackett has clearly been abducted as his mystery injury must be pretty bad, as he's not been near the squad!

Of the remaining summer signings; Freeman & Colback are injured, Cafu, Taylor, Knockeart, McKenna & Mbe Soh have at least made some appearances

Darikwa is nowhere near the squad, but I've been told he is one of several that are out of contract this summer, that have been told they can leave (I think he's already got a move sorted) - add Zach Clough, Hefele & Bong - to those that they'd be happy to let leave - of only it was that simple.

Sammy & Samba Sow are both out of contract, I'd give Sammy another year but Sow is too injury prone.

Michael Dawson will retire at the end of the season.

Fuck me, how long is zach cloughs contract. Cant we just give them away!

Maybe CH is keeping the job open for him! Lots of passion for the game, if nothing else.

I'm fairly certain he will be coaching at the academy, I'm sure he's either just done or about to finish his last 'badge'.

Andy Reid more likely to get the caretaker job!

We seem to have a lot of players that it would be best not to risk playing ! Nothing to do with injuries either !

Only really McKenna in that situation and I'd prefer that we made sure he was genuinely 100% fit, rather than risk another injury breakdown.

From a positive perspective, I can't see that may clubs queueing up to sign our players at present (the decent ones anyway) and it's pretty obvious that most clubs outside the Prem will be having to cut their cloth.