Stoke not wasting any time | Vital Football

Stoke not wasting any time

GThomas

Vital 1st Team Regular
It looks like Stoke will have Rowett confirmed this week and we're still looking around and following bookies odds which tend to be useless.

Why are we always so slow at these things? You could say we're making sure we're making the right decision but surely we were expecting a possible new manager search with relegation looming for some time?

It needs to happen sooner rather than later, quicker then that the new guy comes in, assesses the squad, plan for next season and target the right players and hopefully sort out the recruitment side of things.

Well if it takes a few more days to get Potter in then so be it. He sounds like the sort of guy we need and has experience of working with next to nothing and getting success. If he can work with the sort of players he had at his disposal at Ostersunds when they were in the bottom division, then surely he can do something with our lot.

I’ve got my doubts about Potter but of course I hope he succeeds.
We are always slow in everything we do and it was part of the reason we failed to stay up. Last summer we scrambled at the end of the window to get inferior players in at top prices from what was left in the transfer market. Looking at the Sky Sports news bar tonight there’s a lot of activity in the transfer market, so pull your finger out Mr Jenkins or we’ll be left behind yet again.

I wonder if Stoke can hang on to Joey Allen. Maybe he’s afraid to stay in case it effects his Wales position. Welsh teammate Andy King couldn’t wait to run away after we were relegated.