Stockport | Vital Football

Stockport

Dear me I’ve just seen their stats:

Lost five on the spin, drew the last one, 1pt from a possible 18 we turn up and make them look like Barcelona. They’ve conceded 3 against Chorley, 4 against Torquay and 4 against Boreham Wood. They haven’t scored in four games yet get two in just over 20 mins against us.

We’re definitely this leagues Jekyll and Hyde club.
:red:

That's Pools for you, their only consistency is in being inconsistent!

I've been supporting Pools for 50+ years and this, with a few exceptions, has been the way they've been throughout. No matter who the manager or players have been.

Our defence is a joke. Two goals surrendered not because of clever play from the opposition but just pee poor defending. Having said that, neither shot screamed into the net so why didn't Killip lay a glove on them? Second half we had a lot of possession but few ideas on how to break down a defence that was quite happy to have 10 behind the ball. Kioso great approach play but final ball always poor. Hoolohan made a difference when he came on showing energy and accuracy. His shot lead to our goal. He must start on Saturday. In the long term though, it is evident we wont be finishing in the top half of the table. We defend badly and don't score enough goals.

Dear me I’ve just seen their stats:

Lost five on the spin, drew the last one, 1pt from a possible 18 we turn up and make them look like Barcelona. They’ve conceded 3 against Chorley, 4 against Torquay and 4 against Boreham Wood. They haven’t scored in four games yet get two in just over 20 mins against us.

We’re definitely this leagues Jekyll and Hyde club.
Problem is we are mainly Hyde and rarely Jekyll.

I couldn’t see why Hignett was making a big fuss over Richardson at centre half recently! Cunningham has got to be in there Saturday alongside Kerr & Raynes. Kioso and Kitching are doing okay, Mafuta, Holohan, Featherstone, Kabamba seems to have a hunger and Toure should be enough for a decent return on Saturday.

Bale, James, Hawkes, Richardson and Kennedy if he’s feeling better

Everybody had an off night, my mate wasted at least three good chances tonight but weathers going to be nice on Saturday.....he can do the gardening.

Tonight once again we take up our regular position of non league mediocrity.

Richardson was bad bad bad. Mafuta put himself about as he usually does but was totally at fault for their first goal. Featherstone was very patchy. He tried to dribble his way out of trouble slap bang in front of his own goal, got robbed and luckily for us their player blazed it over the bar. Later on a five yard pass straight out of play for a goal kick. Shouldn't be in the side. We played some pretty football in the second half but Stockport easily kept us at bay till Holohan came on and showed some energy. Lets face it we are a poor side. We had a huge slice of luck to get the Yeovil win but we cant expect that ever week. Cant see us finishing much higher than last year.

Very bold closing statement Alf and one I can agree with but that only suggests, if it transpires as true come the seasons end, we may have come as far as we can. Personally I think with this squad it’s the best chance we’ll [Hignett] have to get back into the league. It’s a results driven business bound by time unfortunately.

County fan in peace here. Hats off to the fans that made the journey down. If you hadn't been so sloppy in those first 20 minutes then the game would have been on a knife-edge.

You also need to see the result in the context of the side County put out last night. That was our strongest side boosted by a couple of loanees. The terrible run we have been on was due to injuries and a paper-thin squad. An example - our keeper could not play for one game as he had to drive his lorry. We are part-time BUT when we get our best side out we are a mid-table side - just - I think.

Great to be playing against 'proper' football clubs again. Your players overall looked better technical players. You will finish above us I predict though on last nights evidence you seem a long way off promotion candidates.

All the best

Cropped.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/...ools-1-on-the-tele-thread.99027/#post-2031454

Home tinted glasses report here.
https://stockport.vitalfootball.co.uk/county-see-off-pools-under-the-lights/

Cheers Cropped. Likewise it was good to renew a rivalry that goes back for many years. Sure we have good technical players but our goal threat depends entirely on Toure and if he is nullified as he was last night, we just cant score goals. Our defence is just awful. Playing pretty football in the National League wont get you anywhere as our results demonstrate. Good luck to you for the rest of the season.

Very bold closing statement Alf and one I can agree with but that only suggests, if it transpires as true come the seasons end, we may have come as far as we can. Personally I think with this squad it’s the best chance we’ll [Hignett] have to get back into the league. It’s a results driven business bound by time unfortunately.

I think we will continue with our up and down results until Raj either sacks Hignett or walks away himself. This will all transpire over time because we will pick up enough wins to keep the wolf from the door but we just wont make any genuine progress. Raj has invested plenty and I presume the plan is to get promoted this season but it is obvious that wont be happening so it is a question of how patient he is.

Looks like Hignett ran out of time and Raj ran out of patience.

Losing to a side who haven’t found the net in 360 minutes, got 1pt out of 18 and had not won in 5 weeks [neither had we up to Saturday] was the straw that broke the camels back. A point might have saved him but he still had to beat Aldershot to stop the trap door opening.
We were bouncing from loss to draw to the occasional win, something had to give and I would rather it be Hignett than Singh.

Losing to a side who haven’t found the net in 360 minutes, got 1pt out of 18 and had not won in 5 weeks [neither had we up to Saturday] was the straw that broke the camels back. A point might have saved him but he still had to beat Aldershot to stop the trap door opening.
We were bouncing from loss to draw to the occasional win, something had to give and I would rather it be Hignett than Singh.

Agree 100% we need the financial stability Raj gives us. Lets hope the new manager is a good un.

Hi Billy

Just to say, I reckon the Stockport result will be not be viewed as a terrible result in a few weeks. Pools faced a side who had their strongest squad available for the first time since the beginning of the season. Also a side boosted by two quality additions.

This was not the side that struggled in the previous 6 games.

Of the sides I have seen County play this season;

Hartlepool were better than Barrow
Hartlepool were better than Chesterfield
Hartlepool were better than Wrexhan
Hartlepool were better than Fylde
Hartlepool were better than Sutton.

Your ex-gaffer may consdier himself a touch unlucky.

Good luck with the your new manager (as long as it's not Mr Gannon)

Sorry cropped didn't want to appear disrespectful and it was more a judge of our character than yours [Stockport].

Certainly not the worst result we've had this season. That has to be the Chorley result. They had lost two before we faced them at their place and conceded ten goals, we go there and draw 0-0. Chorley then go on to concede a further eight in their next two fixtures, its just where we were under Hignett. Technically a good group of players but afraid to have a crack at goal.

Onto you guys, most impressive player in the first half for me was the no 2, don't know his name but very hard working, industrious and wanting to be involved in everything. Palmer's goal was an opportunist strike, he knew if it didn't reach the target it would cause problems in a dangerous area, it took a deflection and it was one nil but it's still something we have failed to do.

We never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. If we've got a centre half in the box i can guarantee it would be to head the ball.

Walker was an excellent decision from, I'm presuming Gannon saw & signed him, an experienced manager. I would have looked at him [Gannon] a couple of managers ago when I'm sure he was between jobs. Walker took his goal very well.

Of the teams you mentioned, the four currently below us i truly expected to be top seven sides, with us and you guys finishing in the top ten. Under Hignett i think that was a bridge too far, Gannon would have had us up there and hopefully he will you guys. We'll see how ours pans out now.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be watching your next run of results mind.

Hi Billy

"We never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity " - made me chuckle. As County fans we are just happy to be playing clubs like you once again. There's a new generation of kids who have had a diet of 6 years of the likes of teams who bring a dozen away fans and whose average gate is a few hundred. So playing yourselves, Chesterfield, Wrexham and Notts once again is just great.

Looking forward to a freezing cold fixture at your on Sat 25th Jan!

All the best to and your fellow Pools fans.

Cropped