Stockport | Vital Football

Stockport

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Looking at the table and I see County have only conceded 9 goals all season. If we give away the usual two goal start we have almost no chance of scoring. I imagine they will be eying this match as a way of improving their goals scored column. I don't think I will bother following this one. I will check the result at full time and hope the score is not too embarrassing.

Our best hope will be a battling goaless draw. Though with injuries to Cass and Donaldson, I can't see how this will be accomplished.

On the Pools front I'm not anticipating a Happy Holiday period

Although by all accounts Cass is becoming a bit of a liability. Not sure about Donaldson. Even with a fully fit squad Stockport are too good for the likes of us. I just cant see how we can keep a clean sheet and even with Armstrong we still struggle to score so I cant see us getting anything out of this game. Halifax are a bit closer to us in terms of quality so we might get some points out of the two holiday games against them.

My doom and gloom hopelessly wrong. Pools never cease to do the opposite of what you expect. Well done to Dave and the lads for what seems to be our best performance of the season so far.

Never saw that coming.
I suppose after years of supporting Pools I should know to expect the unexpected.

Good result, hope that DC can get some consistency from his squad going forward.

Yes, putting together a string of good results is what we really need to build on tonight's superb win.