Still after another player? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Still after another player?

I think I’d rather we keep our money in our pocket and wait to see how our season pans out.
There is always the January window if we need reinforcements.
I think the current squad has plenty of coverage.
Football managers seem to have a habit of always one more player.

I think I’d rather we keep our money in our pocket and wait to see how our season pans out.

I always like to hear news of new players coming in. But I’m a bit like you on this one Shotty.

I’m not sure which of our current team we need to omit. They all look pretty decent. It’s nice to have cover, but even if we have games with only 6 or 5 on the bench, we do seem to be nicely covered in most positions.

Unless we have somehow come into a bit of money, I’d sooner us save for a rainy day.

Chris, why are you so convinced that Akinde is gonna leave? He hasn't been here that long!
He has gone from number one first choice striker on the team sheet to number three of four in the space of a few weeks .His body language has often not been good .Some people seem to think he would have to drop down a long way .I don't. But if he doesn't want to be a bench warmer then he is going to have to produce something that he hasn't yet done in league one for us or Lincoln. Talk of another signing means someone must be leaving unless Scally is seriously spending what he isn't receiving. Akindie was the only potential free transfer that could save us real funds in my opinion.Not paying say two thirds of his wages would be a fair sum .Enough to bring in a talented young Scot perhaps. If we were after a experienced Scottish premier league player. That would need a sale of a player in my opinion.

Hmmmm 🤔

Any guesses?

SE - "As the chairman said, if there is an exciting one there, do it. There is a young man at the minute who we would like to bring in, who is with a Scottish Premier League club. It would perhaps have to be a permanent now, given we have the six loans in, but we are looking at allsorts."
Unless one of our loan signings became permanent rare but not impossible in some cases.Some have little chance of making the first team at their clubs any time soon so might ask to stay .That would cost in wages of course. But maybe then you would save on being better placed to bring in someone else on loan.

I always like to hear news of new players coming in. But I’m a bit like you on this one Shotty.

I’m not sure which of our current team we need to omit. They all look pretty decent. It’s nice to have cover, but even if we have games with only 6 or 5 on the bench, we do seem to be nicely covered in most positions.

Unless we have somehow come into a bit of money, I’d sooner us save for a rainy day.

I think the key part of Evans' quote is "As the chairman said, if there is an exciting one there, do it". Makes it sound like we're not specifically looking to bring anyone else in, but this could be the kind of player who's too good to refuse if the option is there.

We're all pretty happy with the squad so far, it's true. But what are we realistically aiming for at the moment? Top 10, with a chance of a playoff challenge? If this player really is too good to turn down, and if the money's there for another signing (a big "if" with the current situation, but I see no reason not to trust Scally on this point), maybe it's the kind of signing who could take us to the next level where we're looking at the playoffs, with the possibility of challenging for the automatic places?

Doesnt the transfer window shut for all but domestic transfers on Monday?

If we are looking at someone in the Scottish premiership then surely it has to be done by Monday? Evan's said we will assess the squad after Ipswich, wednesday at the earliest. My maths rules out the Scottish bloke on those dates unless I'm missing something?

Just to join in with the speculation: so, according to Kent On-line SE said "There is a young man at the minute who we would like to bring in, who is with a Scottish Premier League club. It would perhaps have to be a permanent now, given we have the six loans in, but we are looking at allsorts."

I`d speculate on the reference to "a permanent move". If the lad is good then GFC would need to pay a fee? But, apparently, we haven`t got too much in the piggy bank. So, speculating wildly (as is our prerogative on here) what if the lad was part of a transfer deal? Both Celtic and Rangers have been closely monitoring Jack Tucker (according to SE). Might that, as part of a transfer package, explain how we could get a fine young player in on a permanent deal ? And why we recently acquired another central defender ?

There, that`s my two-penneth, and whilst it`s probably complete boll***s, it`s kept me amused for ten minutes.

Just to join in with the speculation: so, according to Kent On-line SE said "There is a young man at the minute who we would like to bring in, who is with a Scottish Premier League club. It would perhaps have to be a permanent now, given we have the six loans in, but we are looking at allsorts."

I`d speculate on the reference to "a permanent move". If the lad is good then GFC would need to pay a fee? But, apparently, we haven`t got too much in the piggy bank. So, speculating wildly (as is our prerogative on here) what if the lad was part of a transfer deal? Both Celtic and Rangers have been closely monitoring Jack Tucker (according to SE). Might that, as part of a transfer package, explain how we could get a fine young player in on a permanent deal ? And why we recently acquired another central defender ?

There, that`s my two-penneth, and whilst it`s probably complete boll***s, it`s kept me amused for ten minutes.
Luuurrve a good conspiracy theory 👍😂

Maybe a conspiracy theory. But it would certainly tick a lot of boxes and explain a few things.

As for when the window shuts. I think it only really shuts for the Prem. I’m pretty sure EFL window is another week yet. And that possibly includes to leagues outside England.

Particularly this one. He's done well but Scally needs to be aware that this is what led to the parting of the ways at Peterborough.

Exciting young SPL player? Karamoko Dembele would be the dream. Evans enquired about him last year. Unfortunately they wouldn't let him go on loan and getting him permanently would be impossible.

We are being linked with Mateusz Bogusz, a Poland under 21 international from Leeds. 19 year old attacking midfielder. Leeds have said he can go on loan, Pompey and swine also interested.

We are being linked with Mateusz Bogusz, a Poland under 21 international from Leeds. 19 year old attacking midfielder. Leeds have said he can go on loan, Pompey and swine also interested.

If be surprised if we need yet another midfielder. Anyway, Evans says it would be a Scottish player.

Tbf, would make perfect sense in that it would be better to get maximum dosh/exchange for Tucker whilst still in contract and fit & in form. Too often we have held out too long and not fulfilled maximum transfer potential