Stevenage | Vital Football

Stevenage

Lose and pressure will defo start to build. Expect players to rise to the occasion following news of Palace sell out. What superb support for a League 2 club!

Well I feel quite hopeful. My list of things to have pessimism and bad feelings about is too full already to leave space for anything else. I predict a 2-1 win. If Joe Grey pops on at the last minute, it might even be 3-1.

Two mediocre teams today, though Stevenage did at least try to play on the front foot unlike Scunthorpe and Oldham. Killip was never troubled, but had no chance with the penalty. Pools had a couple of decent half chances in the first half, Oogle unfortunately snatched at them.
Great strike from Featherstone to earn a deserved point. Mention should be made to Spike's substitutions which gave the platform to get back into the game.

What this match, as with recent outings, demonstrates is the need for the addition of some quality in the attack and midfield, to supplement and enhance what we already have.

Yep we are just not quite good enough. I must say I was expecting a loss today so the point was welcome but the way things are going it is hard to imagine where the next win is coming from. Just thank goodness Scunthorpe and Oldham keep losing.