Stevenage sendings off | Vital Football

Stevenage sendings off

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
Does anyone know how many players they actually had sent off yesterday. It seems there was definitely two during the 90 minutes and possible another two after the final whistle but I cant find a definite answer anywhere.

That takes Stevenage into third place in the Fair Play table (i.e. the third worst disciplinary record in League Two). Northampton's four yellows take them top (i.e. the worst disciplinary record). Therefore we may expect Stevenage to be very similar in approach.

And if yesterday is anything to go by they'll get away with it if we get another weak ref.
I think some of them are positively anti Lincoln tbh. As others have said the opposition managers often fuel 'they play a certain way', 'the crowd try and influence everything' and 'we need a strong ref' blarney ahead of the game. It's part and parcel though so no issues for me. It's only their way of trying to gain the small percentages same as DC does.

Both the second yellow for Nugent and the straight red looked fairly innocuous to me. Nugent seemed to get the ball and Adebayo didn't seem to have any idea the player was coming in behind him, he just jumped.

According to the FA site today, they only had two reds - Ben Nugent and Elijah Adebayo. The one in the tunnel must have been a coach/manager.