Steven Caulker Training with us | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steven Caulker Training with us

Some bloke the lodgers signed was banned for having Cocaine in his system on the eve of the eggy play off thing. Now he has just been charged with drink driving. He hasnt even clod a peanut for them yet.

I didn't know that. If I was involved with that club personally I'd sack him. I've no issue with giving people second chances but you can't give a person one and see that faith repayed with more stupidity and criminality. Sometimes a club needs to think of the bigger picture, although I couldn't a toss about theirs.

Re Caulker I can see another short term deal if he performs in training, with a termination clause if he finds himself before the magistrates again. However with Burn due back shortly and Bruce also at the club do we need another centre half between now and January?

. .........However with Burn due back shortly and Bruce also at the club do we need another centre half between now and January?

Between now and January, probably not, no. February onwards? ........ absolutely.

I agree though re the short term contract ........ ie the end of the season.

Between now and January, probably not, no. February onwards? ........ absolutely.

I agree though re the short term contract ........ ie the end of the season.

Fair point, with an option that we can extend it a year if we wish in case he shapes up well.

With his pedigree he obviously is good enough
IF he can sort his head out and has no injury concerns we will get him at our wage structure so would be a no brainer ..
He will just be happy to have a job and be playing again

Bruce wasn't even on the bench in the last game so i assume he is injured, i don't think Burn has even returned to training yet, Dunkley has had taping on his hamstrings some games this season and Kipre has limped off the pitch the last 2 games, so i think we are walking a fine line and that is what pushed us to bring Caulker in.

Also Caulker hasn't played a game in months, so ideally we wont have to throw him back in at the deep end, but if we have that as an outside risk it's better to get him in now and start working on his fitness. If we think Caulker will be worth taking on the sooner we can get him embedded into the group and settled in the area the better.