Steven Bergwijn - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steven Bergwijn - Player Thread

A clown? Really.ffs

He may not be as good as he once was but he has clearly tried numerous tactical approaches in games and the players are either shit or dumb as feck. Probably both.

We have a mid table team when Hugo, Son and Kane are out injured.

People need to accept our previous manager has left us with some very average players. There is only so much Jose can do.

He needs to get us more organised and not worry about what people are saying. The only area of his management I'm questioning at the moment.

Yep, I've started to think he's over rotated his thinking on the opposition setup and tactics rather than focus on our own strengths and getting some consistency in approach. Almost the opposite of Poch who was a Plan A manager and let the opposition worry about us. That didn't go well either.

Yep, I've started to think he's over rotated his thinking on the opposition setup and tactics rather than focus on our own strengths and getting some consistency in approach. Almost the opposite of Poch who was a Plan A manager and let the opposition worry about us. That didn't go well either.

Actually Poch's approach went well for long enough, the problem Poch had was being over-reliant on it and slow to change it in a game or before.

Actually Poch's approach went well for long enough, the problem Poch had was being over-reliant on it and slow to change it in a game or before.

I should have added "at the end" when referring to Poch. Once the age, attitude, injuries / fatigue and all the things we know kicked in then we went only one direction.

In the early days, Poch took the rough with the smooth. He knew we were mostly setup to be the better side and he knew that football sometimes allows the weaker side to win. He just played the numbers game over an entire season and mostly his methods worked. I always thought that's why he was reluctant to change in a game, still expecting the tried and trusted methods to yield goals. Poch's weakness was the one-off games where he just needed that little bit more tactical nous.

It went well because he had the players at his disposal to do so, Jose doesn't.

The squad we have now and what Poch had for a good 4 years are miles apart.

It went well because he had the players at his disposal to do so, Jose doesn't.

The squad we have now and what Poch had for a good 4 years are miles apart.

I think what we're all waiting to see is what are "Mourinho players" and what does "Mourinho football" look like when he has them? I would suggest nothing like what we relate to in his first 3 or 4 months.

Cursed club. The season is over and Mourinho would be wise to give more kids a low-pressure chance to get some experience now. Doing that could uncover the next Kane.

What a cluster f**k of a season this is proving to be.

Takes a lot for me to curse, but what the hell are we doing to our players in training that is causing so many injuries? Or is it just bad luck?

Bring in the kids Jose.

What a cluster f**k of a season this is proving to be.

Takes a lot for me to curse, but what the hell are we doing to our players in training that is causing so many injuries? Or is it just bad luck?

Bring in the kids Jose.

As Jose said in his press conference....they are trauma injuries. Hugo was dislocation by impact, Son was either direct impact by the defender or when Son hit the floor, Bergwijn was from a tackle . Sissoko was a knee injury I think from an impact.
Kane was different and may be down to being overplayed, Davies was probably due to too many games in a short time after his recuperation. The strange thing was Jose warned that Davies could not play in a run of 3 games after returning....them picked him exactly for that !!