Steven Bergwijn - Player Thread | Vital Football

Steven Bergwijn - Player Thread

We need this guy fit enough to play with the same intensity for 90 mins. He's faded fast in games. Looks a good signing.

Poor bastard....he is probably thinking "what the shit have I gotten myself into!"

I like the kid...I really think with quality around him...like the whole rest of the squad around him...we could really have something special with him.

Despite his goal, poor from him today.

Doubt we will see the best of him till next season but certainly going to be a big player for us.

The dude is surrounded by clowns...I will reserve my judgement until intelligent footballers are around him.

He needs to lean down. Know where near match fit or sharp. Been chucked right in at the deep end to be fair.

He needs to lean down. Know where near match fit or sharp. Been chucked right in at the deep end to be fair.

I'd be interested to see what would happen if Jose just simplified it for him and asked him to play as the last man. Perhaps even play him with Dele and replace Moura with one of the midfield squad players.

He looked very confused with his role today.

Apart from his goal and a couple of touches he is far away from being near what we need. He has talent but should have been eased into the team . He needs at least 6 months to be a 90 minute player

Well he was signed as competition for, and then a replacement for Son, so....

He's done pretty well under the circumstances.

That being no discernible game plan, revolving inexplicable game day selections, and the two most dangerous goal threats out for extended time....

We'd all look a little confused facing this shit-show the incompetent clown-coach has vomited on the field for us to watch.

Well he was signed as competition for, and then a replacement for Son, so....

He's done pretty well under the circumstances.

That being no discernible game plan, revolving inexplicable game day selections, and the two most dangerous goal threats out for extended time....

We'd all look a little confused facing this shit-show the incompetent clown-coach has vomited on the field for us to watch.

Clown coach 😂

Jesus Christ our fans are embarrassing

We deserve Tim Sherwood

Clown coach 😂

Jesus Christ our fans are embarrassing

We deserve Tim Sherwood

Oh yeah, that's right, he's the shit, because in the past he won some shit.

What's that that's so embarrassing? Buying into the koolaid that some reputation is gonna walk in the door and all his magik fuckery is gonna rain trophies on your head, just because....

Yeah I'd be embarrassed to buy into that crap too.

Wanna try and explain the tactical intention that we're all being treated to?

Based upon what's been delivered so far, Sherwood's a genius compared.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that's right, he's the shit, because in the past he won some shit.

What's that that's so embarrassing? Buying into the koolaid that some reputation is gonna walk in the door and all his magik fuckery is gonna rain trophies on your head, just because....

Yeah I'd be embarrassed to buy into that crap too.

Wanna try and explain the tactical intention that we're all being treated to?

Based upon what's been delivered so far, Sherwood's a genius compared.

A clown? Really.ffs

He may not be as good as he once was but he has clearly tried numerous tactical approaches in games and the players are either shit or dumb as feck. Probably both.

We have a mid table team when Hugo, Son and Kane are out injured.

People need to accept our previous manager has left us with some very average players. There is only so much Jose can do.

He needs to get us more organised and not worry about what people are saying. The only area of his management I'm questioning at the moment.