Steve Stone out | Vital Football

Steve Stone out

chopey

Vital Squad Member
Looks like he has been demoted to looking after the kids. Joe has some important meetings and Harford will look for stars in the conference .......................what a joke

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/harford-s-bargain-hunter-role-as-kinnear-holds-transfer-meetings-1-5877575

So in other words, our already skeletal first team coaching staff, will now be even smaller. You really could not make this up.

“I’m focusing on the team out here, and Joe, (club secretary) Lee Charnley and Graham (Carr) are looking to get someone over the line,” AP

Im so sick of that saying "get someone over the line" it sounds so unorganized and pathetically desperate

It's clearly a load of bollocks. Ashley has hired, what 3 or 4 people to get transfers 'over the line' when he could have just used the money to buy a fucking player. 4 people in charge of transfers at a club that don't really do incoming transfers. What a load of fucking shite

well the whole show just does my head in ! Ashley has to be doin this on purpose --- still making money and getting his own back on the fans --- like lambs to the slaughter --- my season ticket has gone a while back.

Cisse will not play for us again (my opinion) and they are fucking about again trying to get a good striker for nowt -- we have already been bit doin this shit and it looks like it will happen again --- cabeye will also be off with a last minute bid from man U ----- on the circus goes with the Mackums loving it !! end of !

Dinosaur mentality - the days of picking up gems in the lower leagues have gone because you can get better for cheaper from abroad. Anything half decent will go for a ridiculous price. There was a striker at Crewe who Man u bought (Nick something) a couple of years ago,. he has hardly featured for them and someone was telling me he going out on loan to a club still in Crewe's league. That's progress for you. But the cheapest commodity at Newcastle is talk and i think this is more of the same.

As for Stone looking after the younger players, is this of Pardew's doing? I thought Stone had a specific role of looking after attack at Newcastle? In that case, who is going to fulfil that role now?

What must the players be thinking about it all, because from the outside it looks an absolute mess.

I agree that the running of the club is an absolute shambles but some 'decisions' are just jumped on as if they are a cast iron negative.

This one being an example.

Putting the better candidate for position argument to one side, the addition of Stone to work with the academy kids has to be seen as a positive because he's been there, is a Geordie and will no doubt get pride from seeing the kids progress.

The pool of players we have at our disposal has increased massively with the elevation of academy status at the club and we'll need extra bodies to staff it. The fact that Stone and the other coaches were accused of not being up to the task last year anyway, makes this whole negative train thought laughable.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 22/7/2013 10:52

I agree that the running of the club is an absolute shambles but some 'decisions' are just jumped on as if they are a cast iron negative.

Putting the better candidate for position argument to one side, the addition of Stone to work with the academy kids has to be seen as a positive because he's been there, is a Geordie and will no doubt get pride from seeing the kids progress.

The pool of players we have at our disposal has increased massively with the elevation of academy status at the club and we'll need extra bodies to staff it. The fact that Stone and the other coaches were accused of not being up to the task last year anyway, makes this whole negative train thought laughable.

Do you really believe that decision was made for the right reasons?

This is all just a power game to get Kinnear in position with who he wants, and to force Pardew out.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm fairly sure that is not in the best interests of the footballing club.

Since when has any of the pack of arseholes, made a decision with "the clubs interests" at heart.

The only interests they have are there own.

Jokin ere's interests are truly astonishing, misguided, and predictable in my view....

I totally agree daftlad, and I'd say the same about every decision they make. Ashley only thinks about one person.

Platinii - 22/7/2013 11:20

Toon_NoMatterWot - 22/7/2013 10:52

Do you really believe that decision was made for the right reasons?

This is all just a power game to get Kinnear in position with who he wants, and to force Pardew out.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm fairly sure that is not in the best interests of the footballing club.

Im not even gonna pretend I know as much as anyone on the whole in's or out's of SJP but that every decision is seen as a negative nowadays . Whether they are good, bad, flukey or whatever.

Toony, I understand what you are saying with regards every decision being treated as a negative.

On the plus side, I think the appointment of a fitness coach was a good idea and did a thread on it. I see the Stone move as positive in the sense you say but only if he is replaced by better in the first team coaching setup. But I think it is inevitable that every decision is met with cynicism and mistrust at a club that sees someone like Joe Kinnear as a solution to a problem. The way the club is being run at the moment invites ridicule when you have the 2 main public faces talking like they do. Added to that, there is a familiar foot-dragging through the summer, lowered to new levels with the comedy of what is a striker-less club.

The thing is pardews job is so untenable right now that if they brought a bloke in to fix the water cooler he would be seen as a threat to pardews job

That may be the case Chopey but the bigger picture is that we are not strengthening the squad this sumemr - some things never change, the upheaval is tending to mask that in some people's eyes.

I think after six years of epic failure and lies, it's fairly clear that the decisions made are clueless in foundation, and are most certainly NOT related to footballing ambition.

That's enough for me.

Are you suggesting we take each decision as it comes, wide eyed with optimism, giving them the benefit of the doubt?

I'm in the camp that says Charles Saatchi is a ****, and anything that came out of his mouth after those pictures of him with his hands round Nigella Lawson's throat would be lies. I doubt even his evil empire could market it's way out of that one.

I feel the same way about any noises coming from the powers of darkness these days.

Good luck to those still clinging onto the compulsive liar and paranoid control freak's decisions.

Great News!! Another Geordie removed from the first team, carver next then that measn ALL the blame can be squarely placed at the old piss stinking twat jokes door and it will be great to see him squirm when the press do eventually round on him, remember the press pack have extemely long memories and have some scores to settle with the little fat ****.

Onwards & upwards i say, implosion, relelgation, administration, liquidation. bye bye mikes £240m
happy fucking days ill watch the toon against gatesheed or even bedlington terriers and ill be happy if it means that ***** spunked all his cash but i will not watch wimbletoon fc with them 3rd rate wankers around.

No way ashley will let us go into admin Claud, can you really see him willing to give up 240 million? On transfers he made Llambias (And now JFK) haggle over half a million here and there. He'll do his utmost to keep the club financially viable. We'll just end up with firesales of players, massive cost cutting etc, and plummet down the table and divisions until ashley realises he'll never get all his money back and sell the club for whatever he can get.