Steve Evans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Evans

Some managers don't improve that much with money to spend. Malcolm Allison, a great coach and motivator but a clown with a cheque book. Perhaps Evans and Raynor thrive under just the constraints they are having to work under. We'll dump them when the big investment rolls in soon. Seriously they are doing better than OK.

Last edited:
You need to keep up old man :giggle: I posted back in a previous thread about this. Just for you I'll quote:

So I could well be back soon after the stadium is reopened :bounce::utv:

We have moved since you last came.
Nobody is going to tell you where the new stadium is so your challenge starts ...... now
😂

Anyone seen the recent Q&A on YouTube? If not, have a listen to SE's comments towards the end of the clip.

"Give me 8 transfer windows & we'll be in the Championship".

I think he's done a brilliant job to date. Well done to all at the club & here's hoping we can hold onto him for another 6 windows!

COYG!!

Anyone seen the recent Q&A on YouTube? If not, have a listen to SE's comments towards the end of the clip.

"Give me 8 transfer windows & we'll be in the Championship".

I think he's done a brilliant job to date. Well done to all at the club & here's hoping we can hold onto him for another 6 windows!

COYG!!

This guy is a proper manager. I love the job he’s done at our club.

Evans has been a revelation for the Gills.

He's given me an optimism about the club that I haven't felt in years - that we are trending up.

I hope we are enjoying him - one more solid year and I don't see any way someone at Championship level wouldn't gamble on him next season...

Sad news for the Evans family.Hopefully he will be able to return to Scotland for a short while not easy I know.But it will be part of the grieving process.Raynor and Scally should be able handle things for a week or so.There is always the phone if need be.

Good signing on paper .Having two from Saints last year probably helped the individual players. So the two gunners lads should feel more at home together. A promising group but wait and see how it works out first.Hopefully Scally has enough money left for a few more players yet.

Sad news for the Evans family.Hopefully he will be able to return to Scotland for a short while not easy I know.But it will be part of the grieving process.Raynor and Scally should be able handle things for a week or so.There is always the phone if need be.

Very sad news. I remember during last season Steve mentioned about visiting his very sick mum. You could see what family meant to him. I reckon he’ll be devastated.

Condolences Steve and RIP your mum.

Good signing on paper .Having two from Saints last year probably helped the individual players. So the two gunners lads should feel more at home together. A promising group but wait and see how it works out first.Hopefully Scally has enough money left for a few more players yet.

Was thinking the same. I thought it was a good move getting the 2 Saints guys together last season. It can’t be easy for young players going out to different clubs for probably the first time. They’ve spent the last umpteen years in an EPL youngster bubble. Moving to a different location, playing against hardened pros for the first time in a different environment would be a challenge. Good to have a familiar face around to help each other.

And Steve’s done the same this time. It should help both players enormously to settle in.

Was thinking the same. I thought it was a good move getting the 2 Saints guys together last season. It can’t be easy for young players going out to different clubs for probably the first time. They’ve spent the last umpteen years in an EPL youngster bubble. Moving to a different location, playing against hardened pros for the first time in a different environment would be a challenge. Good to have a familiar face around to help each other.

And Steve’s done the same this time. It should help both players enormously to settle in.
Agreed after all they are really not in the same position as most of the players at the club.Both financial and long term playing potential especially now .Getting groups of loan players makes a heck of a lot of sense right now .Like to see three from one club and two from another if they are all going to be young rookies.