Steve Evans one of the two loudest and foul mouthed managers | Vital Football

Steve Evans one of the two loudest and foul mouthed managers

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
that he's come across in football, along with Paul Cook according to Neil Warnock being interviewed on LBC radio yesterday!! He said you don't really get that with premier league managers........is that because they're mostly foreigners I wonder? Is that a backhanded compliment for Steve?

Surely the fact Evans is a "Fat Scottish Bastard" (tm) means he is a foreigner and therefore disproves the idea that foreigner managers are more polite?

I am sure that there are foul mouthed managers from every country. If they swear in their own language I'd be hard pressed to judge. I can say that the moust foul mouthed manager I have ever come across was Jimmy Sirrel, another Scot, but perhaps he was just a bit frustrated that day. Honourable mention for John Sitton.

Last edited:
that he's come across in football, along with Paul Cook according to Neil Warnock being interviewed on LBC radio yesterday!! He said you don't really get that with premier league managers........is that because they're mostly foreigners I wonder? Is that a backhanded compliment for Steve?

Gills` iFollow video (and audio) coverage has provided little ammunition to challenge Warnock`s view.

Warnock? Pot and kettle black spring to mind...
I haven't seen the interview, but I would imagine Warnock fully accepts he is seen as fairly bad also. Hence probably why he was asked the question, probably as it may have come up when talking about his own touch line antics.

Something he said made me laugh during corona, I can't find the exact quote, but it was words to the effect of: I miss the fans calling me a **** every week. When he had Covid, he talked about if he'd died, he'd have asked for a minutes abuse, rather than a minutes applause/silence at games, just for old times sake. I think it was along those lines anyway.

He clearly knows he's not well liked by opposition fans, and fair play to him for taking it in good jest.

I haven't seen the interview, but I would imagine Warnock fully accepts he is seen as fairly bad also. Hence probably why he was asked the question, probably as it may have come up when talking about his own touch line antics.

Something he said made me laugh during corona, I can't find the exact quote, but it was words to the effect of: I miss the fans calling me a **** every week. When he had Covid, he talked about if he'd died, he'd have asked for a minutes abuse, rather than a minutes applause/silence at games, just for old times sake. I think it was along those lines anyway.

He clearly knows he's not well liked by opposition fans, and fair play to him for taking it in good jest.
Yes he alluded to missing the abuse he gets in the LBC interview. He said that he misses the fans singing as well as the abuse he gets equally. This was when he was asked if he misses the opposition dug out abuse, to which when pressed, he said about Evans and Cook, the former Portsmouth and Wigan manager being the most vocal he'd come across.

He's a bloody awful bloke. Now I really would protest if he ever became our manager.

Warnock? Yeah?

I reckon he’s fantastic. Plays the pantomime villain even better than Steve Evans.

I’d have had him as our manager any time over the last 30 years.
Yes. I've grown to quite like him over the years. Plays the pantomime villain and has a good sense of humour.

Ps. Listening to the Rochdale game on Radio Kent, all I could hear was the 2 commentators and BFSE's constant shouting (which did seem to work that day).

Last edited:
Is anyone on here actually offended with SE's language/swearing ?
I know every week the commentator (ifollow/RK) somehow finds it necessary to apologise.

Is anyone on here actually offended with SE's language/swearing ?
I know every week the commentator (ifollow/RK) somehow finds it necessary to apologise.

Not me. I reckon half the managers in the lower leagues are just as bad as SE.

It must be stressful for them all, watching the sh!te their players are dishing up on the field each week that is ruining their careers, their livelihoods and their weekends on a regular basis 😂

SE is very passionate and cares, much better than a manager who sits motionless and quiet win lose or draw.

I also think SE should be commended for the vast amount of community and charity work he does, people seem to ignore all that when criticizing him.

I can't pretend I warmed to Steve Evans.Some of it was my genuine feeling that Scally had done the dirty on Lovell .I now believe that Evans is a bit false on the touchline. He comes over different away from the action.A lot of us get involved in the game me included. I can forgive him for that.His general behaviour has been far better that I would have expected on the touchline.So all in all I don't have the feelings a had before towards him.Scally is fair generally towards managers but I don't like the style of departures of late .But that is no fault of Evans.

I can't pretend I warmed to Steve Evans.Some of it was my genuine feeling that Scally had done the dirty on Lovell .I now believe that Evans is a bit false on the touchline. He comes over different away from the action.A lot of us get involved in the game me included. I can forgive him for that.His general behaviour has been far better that I would have expected on the touchline.So all in all I don't have the feelings a had before towards him.Scally is fair generally towards managers but I don't like the style of departures of late .But that is no fault of Evans.

Agree, and I think Steve Evans definitely gets “white line fever”. He seems a completely different person when you see/hear him ranting away and abusing refs and players on the touchline. And his post match comments can also contain too much “fan type” rhetoric for my liking. Honestly Steve, we aren’t always the best team on the pitch.

But when you hear or read his interviews or general comments well away from a game he is very calm, knowledgeable and well spoken.