Steve Evans (again!) | Vital Football

Steve Evans (again!)

What? That could be any overweight, sweaty, jock.

Personally I’m not convinced and I’d be gobsmacked if true. Just people stirring imho.

He wouldn't come without a budget, so that would be good. As to the essex of the whole thing -no, no and thrice no, it's not the Gillingham way, at least until he comes, and then all hail, we always knew it would happen, we're sort of bad anyway etc etc.

Lovell got his share at HT yesterday and had it for weeks.

Don’t care who’s the manager - just keep us up and move on Lovell

Don't want Evans anywhere near our club, as DOF or manager. Would SL want to work with a DOF? Most managers, don't. Maybe (if, if, if) he's being brought in as DOF its PS way of pushing SL out the door.

If he gets the job it would be the most muted reception for a manager we've had. I can't see his name being sung or fans taking to him. Having said that, football is a fickle game and if he gets us playing decent attacking football and winning at home, fans will soon forget the past. Until it goes tits up at least.

He never stays long he demands a big budget and often leaves acrimoniously. If it's happening then it will be kept quiet until we've stopped trying to sell season tickets.

Last edited:
Taking long distance pictures of a fat guy in the Medway stand is like taking a picture of a big cat and saying its a panther.

IF Evans was go to take over and wanted to watch the matches there are numerous places he could watch from without being seen.

IF Evans was going to get involved with the club SL would be aware unless he doesn't have the balls to ask PS what Evans is doing at the matches.

Taking long distance pictures of a fat guy in the Medway stand is like taking a picture of a big cat and saying its a panther.

IF Evans was go to take over and wanted to watch the matches there are numerous places he could watch from without being seen.

IF Evans was going to get involved with the club SL would be aware unless he doesn't have the balls to ask PS what Evans is doing at the matches.

Evans is such a shrinking violet of course he'd not want to be seen.

Who's to say SL hasn't asked. Who knows what he was told.

The bigger question should be why is the fat **** (sorry OSK but he's an exceptional case) even watching our games. The whole thing of him being at games creates rumour and possible uncertainty/speculation.

Tbf - Medway has more than its fair share of fatties. That fat person could be anyone of them.

Cant work out why he'd be sat on his own bang smack in the middle of the medway upper. Would he not be sitting with monsieur scally etc.? has he fell out with everyone already?

I cant help but feel its simply someone that looks a bit like him and our usual rumour mongerers are just getting themselves a bit excited.

And even is it is him, hes just helping lovell out with a bit of consultancy or something, or scouting Eaves/Holy for another team.

Agree AK. Can you imagine the angst among all our players, staff, coaches and SL if someone like Steve Evans was actually attending games with a view to coming in. And possibly behind their backs.

Can see it now.

Scally to Fatty - “ yeah Steve, come along to all our remaining games and check the players out. I’m sacking Lovell in May regardless of how we finish. Here’s a matchday pass for 2 seats, just don’t get noticed. Wear something that other Gills fans would and blend in. You know, a suit or something. Pie shop is at the back of the Medway Stand where that empty block is”.

All a massive beat up by people who’d prefer the club to be destabilised for whatever reason.

Cant work out why he'd be sat on his own bang smack in the middle of the medway upper. Would he not be sitting with monsieur scally etc.? has he fell out with everyone already?.

And if it is him, where is his mini-me Raynor?

Perhaps he had been sent to collect another bucket of chips for his lord and master.