Steve Coppell | Vital Football

Steve Coppell

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Good interview with Mr Coppell. Well worth having a listen for five minutes..

[youtube=soJxZ6a35q8#t=102]

http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-article/steve-coppell-praises-pompeys-owners-the-supporters

Thanks Corny. I agree, a good interview and he sounds very modest.

I think he'll be an enormous help to the Board, as well as to RB.

One of the game's good guys.

Agreed - very humble. I'm delighted to have him at the club as a "helper". I'm sure he'll not only help Barker, but also help the board in their learning curve too.

Cracking helper to have isnt he, think he has a great attitude and outlook on things and will be a MASSIVE asset to not only us, but Ritchie Barker of course and make his job of managing us easier.

Not blowing PFC's trumpet but this is a massive club for him to take on and will not be easy, but with Coppell's guidence do not think he can go far wrong...

Coppell was easily the main reason I wanted Barker over the other candidates, seems like such a nice, genuine guy and he's got a wealth of experience and knowledge that can only help us moving forward!

Thats not to say I don't like Barker either his enthusiasm is fantastic and it looks like he will be a great coach/ manager but the both of em together should make a fantastic team

Crawleys loss it most definitely Pompey's gain.. all superlatives have already been used up .. but it really makes you feel good to watch him speak

Bring it on Richie and Steve :1:

Well. I think that these two will be able to put the pin on the donkeys tail with ease! Player not right. Gone. They will be quite capable of knowing what they need and the way to go about it. Most pleased. Two for the price of one. Wisdom and hunger.

I think that he will be spending more time with the board than the team. It would be interesting to see a week's diary to see what involvement he has.

Seen as he's not being paid I think whatever he gives us is something we will benefit from.

I get the impression that he is very keen to help us as much as he can tho in all areas.

dedmans - 13/12/2013 11:05

Well. I think that these two will be able to put the pin on the donkeys tail with ease! Player not right. Gone. They will be quite capable of knowing what they need and the way to go about it. Most pleased. Two for the price of one. Wisdom and hunger.

Well said Dedmans. :1:

Great to see Coppell getting involved this week.

Barker's response to his critics in the press is generally poor at present.

He may have valid points about player attitudes being crap, but don't say it. We're a team & there is nobody else available.

These comments are winding up an already wound up bunch of fans depressed after years of non-stop losing & decline & the temperature is at boiling point. Everything he says seems to make matters worse.

So step in the wise old head of Coppell.

Get Barker out of the press for a few days. Rally the troops. Calm down the tension & in-fighting.

This is what I hoped for when we signed on RB & SC. A guiding hand when the young man was feeling the heat.

Good show!

Apart from calling for a 'wall of noise' on Saturday, what's he done Tim?

He has taken the media limelight for the last 3 days, letting things calm a little.

Either he or the board that Barker is talking himself into more & more trouble. Barker is good at that!

It seemed that Coppell has certainly tried to take some heat off RB - not read it but not sure the 'critics will never come round' thoughts from RB are hardly constructive tho...

Yeah... I agree with that. He does need to button it, and really think before opening his mouth... period.

I can accept his abbrasive character, I've nothing against him personally. I've worked with lots of guys similar to him in my life, but there's one hell of a difference in working on a site or offshore, with an assorted crew of blokes, to being the manager of a football club.

I am getting the sense that someone's had a word though, and about time too. Foot, mouth, in... can cause a lot of trouble, and we don't need any-more of that, thanks very much.

Lets also hope for a result against York. That will go a long way in taking the heat out of the present situation. A well won draw will do... notice I didn't say bore draw... ha ha... :17:

The things that RB comes out with in public makes it appear that he would rather moan about the players to the press than do what hes paid for, maybe Steve should do the public talking and RB spend his time with the players. :83:

Just read the latest RB comments. God help us! Just keep quiet man! Why come out with that?

Rug summarised it with "he makes a rod for his own back".

Coppell takes the heat off him & gathers the fold, then he undoes it all.

Jeez.