Steve Coppell | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Coppell

More new this evening will hardly be a surprise really will it?

<b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Steve Coppell</font></b> has followed <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Richie Barker</font></b> in leaving Pompey today...

Coppell was only ever involved in his 'director of football' role in an unpaid capacity, with any expenses he incurred all that he took from the club so fair play to the man but with Barker leaving by 'mutual consent' today, Coppell has followed.

That completes the full set of arrivals when Barker was appointed, what with <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Anthony Williams</font></b> also leaving his assistant manager and goalkeeping coaches positions.

A director of football will be far from a priority but I would imagine we will need to fill the goalkeeping coach vacancy, which will probably be another area that will be done 'in house' until the end of the season.

It will be interesting to see what the long-term future of <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Mark Catlin</font></b> will be?

The biggest ally and supporter of Barker, who clearly played a key role in his appointment...

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18047" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Newport v Pompey</b></a>.

<b><I>Vital Pompey always wants blogs, so if can offer us something we would love to share it with the masses!

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing</b> <a href="mailto:portsmouth@vitalfootball.co.uk"><font color="#0E4FB0"><b>***CLICK HERE***</font></b></a></I>

I don't see that Catlin & Barker were inextricably linked like the rest of you. Because Barker didn't work out doesn't, to me, mean Catlin has to go. This argument is the most boring part of this whole debacle.

I thought Coppell would have done more, but given the mess that Barker got himself into, I think Coppell didn't really do a lot. The board may have received some help, but I think he didn't do much on the football side. As a result I'm fairly indifferent to Coppell leaving, & not 100% surprised.

Hard not to see a Catlin and RB connection surely, but that will take care of itself whatever wont it

Was hoping for more from Coppell, sure he must have added something but did not seem a lot in the end - then again as an unpaid how much would you get?