STEVE CONROY | Vital Football

STEVE CONROY

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Is terminally ill,a grade 4 Brain tumour after he had surgery in October but it's still growing aggressively.I feel for the fella and his family.Best game i saw him have for us was undoubtedly against Liverpool in 1978 in the league cup,they absolutely played us off the park that night but Steve had a brilliant game and Gary Hamson scored the winner for us in a 1-0 win.I send best wishes to Steve and his family&friends.UTMPB

I saw him play more for the reserves as a m8s mum used to take me and him to central league games when we were youngsters
not much you can say to someone who is terminally ill other than I hope he doesn’t suffer too much thoughts go out to him and his family and friends

I saw him play more for the reserves as a m8s mum used to take me and him to central league games when we were youngsters
not much you can say to someone who is terminally ill other than I hope he doesn’t suffer too much thoughts go out to him and his family and friends
After he finished playing he took over the Plough pub at Catcliffe and he once told me he thought Alex Sabella showed more talent in training than GOD used to,after a couple of hours of laughing mi ballacks off i told him no wonder he was a goalie and i'd never forgive him for that shite dive he did at Cambridge when they scored and we lost 1-0 to virtually send us down to league 3,i think we had to beat Leicester summat like 17-0 in our final game.His Mrs used to be looked after by my aunt when she was a kid,he was a good laugh when running the pub and i'm very sorry to hear he's so poorly.UTMPB

I notice Cardiff's Sol Bamba is under going Chemo cos he's got Non Hodgkin lymphoma,i hope the fella pulls through.Good luck Sol.UTMPB

Saw Steve many times in Central League action in the 70's at The Lane when the first team were away.
Very sorry to hear this news.
Thoughts and best wishes to his family.