Steve Bruce and Newcastle | Page 2 | Vital Football

Steve Bruce and Newcastle

Slightly differently reported by the media. The main concern was that they did not know it was being agreed until they (prem members) read it in the media whereas supposedly anything like this goes through a meeting of all clubs or at least they are kept informed.

I hear Mike Ashley is from “darn sarf” yeah?

And I hear he has a few quid in his pocket now.

I also hear that PS knows him well.

Someone also told me that PS is looking for investment. Not sure if that’s true tho.

Now, I’ve never been very good at that “joining the dots” game, but……

You heard it here first 👍

And when SE decides to move on, SB will come home. Not sure if SE would want to move on tho with a “slightly bigger” budget.

Yes, and he is allegedly a Spurs fan. He also appointed Pardew because he allegedly knew him outside of football.

Scally definitely knows Pardew, as Pardew went along for a job interview at Priestfield after Stimson was sacked; perhaps Scally was hoping to appoint him on a 'mate's rate' at the time, especially as it was inevitable that Pardew was going to get the boot at Southampton? Who knows.

It's a very tenuous connection, to be fair. To be honest, I wouldn't mind Mike Ashley taking control if it means you could buy Gills shirts and merchandisd in Lillywhites on Piccadilly Circus (it's now owned by Sports Direct) and they build a House of Fraser next door to the club shop so you can buy a blue Jack Wills tracksuit top with a Gillingham badge! 😁

It will take Newcastle a couple of years to start to challenge the so called top six. At least 3 or 4 transfer windows. It easy to sign top class players, but creating a top class team/squad will take time

Brexiteer, apologies as I missed this thread prior to replying to the latter, newer one.

Always liked Steve Bruce - slightly surprised that we didn`t do a little better out of him with loan players - I don`t recall any - but could well be wrong.

Think that Jerryatricks point about the Premiership becoming a closed shop with no relegation is spot on. It will be a signature action as Americanisation of the Premiership moves a step closer. The recent "breakaway" attempt was handled badly by the (mostly) American dominated ownership; they won`t make the same mistake next time.