Stephen Wiltshire (artist) | Vital Football

Stephen Wiltshire (artist)

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
He has autism and draws many of his pictures from seeing them only briefly, once. I first heard of him several years ago through watching Blue Peter as a child. Quite incredible and once again proves what the human spirit is capable off.

http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/index.aspx

Yep he's been about for ages . brilliant artist . Well to me he's brilliant artist to someone halfway up a French mountain he might not be :17:

Selling drawings for £20k+ I doubt he'd be bothered what our resident artist thinks.

Yeah, I've seen him on a couple of different programmes over a few years. This guy is brilliant. He's damn good at what he's good at. What he is short of in some aspects is compensated greatly by his gift of a photographic memory and his skill as an artist.

May you continue for years to come Stephen, a remarkable guy!

SKEGGY - 4/1/2014 21:18

Selling drawings for £20k+ I doubt he'd be bothered what our resident artist thinks.

I remember him from Blue Peter too, that must be 35 years ago. What's interesting (from a neurological point of view) is that there has been very little technical or thematic development in his work, he is basically doing the same thing in the same way as he did as a child.

But as you say Skeggy, at £20k a pop I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

How creepy!! I wathced antiques roadshow yesterday for the probably the first ime ever and they had 2 of his painitngs on there. Once of westminster/big ben etc and the other of santa monica bay. Valued at 20k for both of them.

Saurat - 5/1/2014 09:44

SKEGGY - 4/1/2014 21:18

I remember him from Blue Peter too, that must be 35 years ago. What's interesting (from a neurological point of view) is that there has been very little technical or thematic development in his work, he is basically doing the same thing in the same way as he did as a child.

But as you say Skeggy, at £20k a pop I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

That's the nature of his condition. The autism spectrum is broad, but lack of development is a prime symptom.