Staying up | Vital Football

Staying up

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
Ignoring who the manager is and assuming Cook stays how do we stay up looking at the remaining fixtures? We've 5 at home and 4 away - good job given the away form.

Bolton. H. - genuinely worse than us. It's a must win. If we don't forgot the rest of the fixtures. In reality it relegates them too and that's just one spot to avoid.

Brentford. H. - played these at the wrong time this season. Decent again now under their new manager. Point. At best

Bristol City/Hull. A. - hard to say we can get anything away so it's really clutching at straws. However City are under pressure for the play offs and Hull nothing to play for. Maybe a point from one of these, though in reality probably not.

Norwich. H. - decent team, will beat us comfortably.

Leeds. A. - lets move on.

Knob End. H. - if we played them tomorrow we'd lose. Hopefully when we do the play offs will be out of reach, though even then we'll struggle to take a point.

Brum. A. - nowt to play for, maybe a point? Though probably not.

Millwall. H. Think they'll be safe by then, if so then ideal opportunity to take 3.

Being very optimistic I think we could get another 7 points, with a few bottles of Moonays red down my neck maybe a few draws on top. Will 7 be enough?

Keep an eye out for the developments at Birmingham.

Remember when Rotherham got points deducted for fielding the ineligible player (Farrend Rawson) ... the Football League (as was) had some teeth then.
I Wonder if the EFL will be as strict... ?

Keep an eye out for the developments at Birmingham.

Remember when Rotherham got points deducted for fielding the ineligible player (Farrend Rawson) ... the Football League (as was) had some teeth then.
I Wonder if the EFL will be as strict... ?

The FA have been bottling that decision, they wont give them a points deduction that will mean anything I bet they are waiting for Birmingham to get so clear of the relegation zone and outside enough of the play offs that a points deduction literally changes nothing and they can pretend they are tough enforcing a meaningless penalty.

Ignoring who the manager is and assuming Cook stays how do we stay up looking at the remaining fixtures? We've 5 at home and 4 away - good job given the away form.

Bolton. H. - genuinely worse than us. It's a must win. If we don't forgot the rest of the fixtures. In reality it relegates them too and that's just one spot to avoid.

Brentford. H. - played these at the wrong time this season. Decent again now under their new manager. Point. At best

Bristol City/Hull. A. - hard to say we can get anything away so it's really clutching at straws. However City are under pressure for the play offs and Hull nothing to play for. Maybe a point from one of these, though in reality probably not.

Norwich. H. - decent team, will beat us comfortably.

Leeds. A. - lets move on.

Knob End. H. - if we played them tomorrow we'd lose. Hopefully when we do the play offs will be out of reach, though even then we'll struggle to take a point.

Brum. A. - nowt to play for, maybe a point? Though probably not.

Millwall. H. Think they'll be safe by then, if so then ideal opportunity to take 3.

Being very optimistic I think we could get another 7 points, with a few bottles of Moonays red down my neck maybe a few draws on top. Will 7 be enough?

My Preidction of points before the Ipswich game was

Ipswich - 1
Derby 0
Reading 0
Blackburn 0
Bolton 3
Brentford 3
Hull 0
Bristol 0
Noriwch 1
Leeds 0
Preston 1
Birmingham 1
Millwall 1

I got the first 4 correct but after what we've seen I'd now change my predictions to give only 4 points from our remaining games rather than the 10 i originally said. I don't think if we keep Cook we'll win another game this season after tomorrow and i dont think we'll win that either. Even if we beat Bolton, I genuinely can't see a path to safety with our current mentality / style without a massive shake up.

Last edited: