Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 113 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Right ok - it`s Thursday, and i have now sobered up.

Anyone fancy a nosh? Up The Villa

( Mortons Bogs - Dickens Heath - any time after 6pm )

Just watched the European Champions on ITV4. Started with Celtic and Manure, then glossed over Liverpool and Forest and focused on the mighty Aston Villa. Showed interviews with Ron Saunders, and the majority of the team :love::love::love:. Amazing story really.

Yeah, they had seperate 1 hour long programmes the previous weeks devoted to both Liverpool and Forest. Fair enough I suppose, Liverpool won it loads and Forest was a great achievement

He's wrong though; he says that even if we'd lost against Shef U we'd have beaten the drop on GD. We wouldn't. Bournemouth would have stayed up.

Does anyone ever want to take responsibility for their own actions?

Talk about a pathetic route to take, they were ahead of us all the way up to the 2nd last game of the season. They bottled it and on paper had an easier run of games too.

I did put a mask on. That's what ended me up in prison. Plus side though, I now got an arse like the map of Bonanza.

Ahead of your time clearly, you just needed to wait a few weeks mate PMSL

At least you're looking at the positives, nice to have you back chap (not that I've had you from the back btw, I'm guessing you wouldn't know anyway! lol)

I say 'prison' but in truth I mean married, two kids and responsible job. Similarities are most definitely there though. Except I suspect there's more sex to be had in prison. All be it the bum variety. All bums matter though.

I say 'prison' but in truth I mean married, two kids and responsible job. Similarities are most definitely there though. Except I suspect there's more sex to be had in prison. All be it the bum variety. All bums matter though.

Oh God, now I really feel for you mate. Can you find a support group?

All bums might matter, but do you at least have control of the bank account?

I take issue with your being responsible though - sorry dude - some things just aren't believable lol

On that note, time for bed - you can't join me.

I don't need to join you. I'm watching you and that will suffice. Just me, my imagination and a bit of old curtain.
200w.gif

Cliche alert: If you can't defend, you can't expect to win games.
As you said, it ain't rocket science. Managers or "dinosaurs" like Bruce, Hodgson, Pulis, Allardyce hang their hat on being hard to beat, and to be fair that's probably why they've been around so long...

Trouble is, if you can't score you can't expect to win games. Which is why the above managers aren't expected to do more than avoid relegation.

Trouble is, if you can't score you can't expect to win games. Which is why the above managers aren't expected to do more than avoid relegation.

we scored 41 goals which were more than about 8 other clubs we just conceded far too many when you concede two a game you don't win many games Cut that to 1 per game or less and you'll get far more point and wins