Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 83 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

This weekend is crucial for us. If wet spam and Watford get a draw or better, we’re gone. If we lose, we’re gone.

If we can keep certain players in the championship we’ll be “there or thereabouts”. I’m hoping we can keep; Heaton/steer, Hause, Konsa, Guilbert, mcginn, Sammatta, Trez... Others I’ll be sad to see leave; Grealish, Luiz, maybe even mings.
The rest of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

goode9's piece from the other page. Cheers matey.

With plenty of Aston Villa fans giving their thoughts following Watford’s unfortunate victory over Norwich City on Tuesday evening, and the resulting impact on our own slim survival hopes, forum member goode9 offered up his thoughts and they are worthy of a wider audience.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/divine-intervention-a-defence-for-dean-smith-but-not-excuses/

I thought this was really good goode9.
Especially re: Maupay and Benhrama.
No way to know for sure the outcome had we bought those two in, but they were definitely the ones Smith wanted.
Those two plus Cahill (or similarly decent defender) and it might have been a different story.

Keep heaton, guilbert, hopefully SJM.
Grealish and mings will be sold.
Get rid of the rest. Waste of skins.

The way its going west ham won't have anything to play for vs us and its looking like Watford won't get another point.

Of course we still need to win 2 games to do anything and I just don't see it.

VAR loves a soft penalty doesn't it. Unless its some Sheffield Utd lump ploughing through the back of El Ghazi obviously.

The way its going west ham won't have anything to play for vs us and its looking like Watford won't get another point.

Of course we still need to win 2 games to do anything and I just don't see it.
Not sure about the Watford bit.