Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 70 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

With Arsenal now in the Semi-Final on July 18th, our penultimate game will be postponed until the following midweek. We will thus have the advantage of knowing what we have to do over the last two games, not one. Hopefully Arsenal will either have their eyes on the Cup Final, or be cheesed off after losing the semi-final. It might help us?

I honestly think we'll be mathematically down by the time we play arsenal so it doesn't really matter.

Well i had a lovely 3 months without the Villa, lockdown was a doddle compared to worrying about them.

We perform like we are mid table and safe, with nothing to play for.

This ain`t the Villa i grew up watching, when people seemed to give a shit.

This lot are a bunch of frauds, weak as piss.

Every game we fail to win I think that's probably it, we are going down now. But somehow all the teams around us seem to be just as shite and keep giving me a glimmer of hope. I still think we desperately need to find 2 wins from somewhere and hope we can pick up 2 or 3 draws as well to stand a chance though

Every game we fail to win I think that's probably it, we are going down now. But somehow all the teams around us seem to be just as shite and keep giving me a glimmer of hope. I still think we desperately need to find 2 wins from somewhere and hope we can pick up 2 or 3 draws as well to stand a chance though

we are actually 1 goal difference closer to Watford than we were before Saturday, How about that for a positive spin

Yes. You look at the performance and think we are doomed , then you look at the league table and think hang on we can still do it.

I was talking to a Leicester fan that I know. He watched the Wolves game. One of his comments.
"Those two you had playing up front, who were they?"

I was talking to a Leicester fan that I know. He watched the Wolves game. One of his comments.

Probably couldn't tell you who the Wolves players were either, all depend on how closely you follow football I suppose. It's pretty easy these days though Google is your friend, mean I even know who Harvey Barnes and itchynacker and Demari Gray are and I don't follow Leicester

This ain`t the Villa i grew up watching, when people seemed to give a shit.

This is my struggle. I always saw teams who gave a shit, it is - like you - what I grew up with and loving.

They don't care. That makes me wonder, after losing 'my' little place at Villa (and therefore my match day ritual and the 'it's what I do' stuff), and after this break, whether I should anymore. Especially with my feelings for the so called man who is our club captain after his pathetic antics.

Like others, I would have to discount the opinions of any fan who supports a club that have to provide clappers. :grinning:

Maybe next time you speak to him, you could illustrate how to :clap:

This is my struggle. I always saw teams who gave a shit, it is - like you - what I grew up with and loving.

They don't care. That makes me wonder, after losing 'my' little place at Villa (and therefore my match day ritual and the 'it's what I do' stuff), and after this break, whether I should anymore. Especially with my feelings for the so called man who is our club captain after his pathetic antics.
To be honest, my level of apathy for this current Villa team increased after there seemed to be little-to-zero accountability for Grealish after the latest partying incident. I tried to remain neutral and thinking that the club was waiting for all of the facts to emerge, but that hasn't happened. Can you imagine the same behavior from the likes of Mortimer, Evans, Kevin Richardson, Southgate, Petrov?

Keep telling myself to let it go, it doesn't matter, then I look at the death rates and what people have gone through to fit in with the rules, and I know it did / does matter.

Sorry though, I've drifted this off topic a wee bit.