Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 58 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

I’m taking the positives from the break:

1) We were such an unfit, disorganised, shambolic mess that we were 99.9% likely to go down had the season continued, in my opinion.

2) If relegation had been decided on PPG we were 100% going down.

3) Now we start again. Maybe we will have learned how to defend. Maybe we will have learned to pass to a player in a Villa shirt. Maybe half the team won’t look knackered after an hour. I am so confident that I now rate us at only 95% to go down! :utv:

Personally I think the 'it's like starting a new season' is an utter load of cliched shite.

Thank you.

Having McGinn back is like a new signing though, yeah? (If we ignore the fact we were losing when he was in the side as well obv!)

It is an interesting one though, all are now trying to get going from a standing start, so there might be the 'early season' odd results. Who knows.

Still don't have much faith in us, they will have to re-instil that in me. Hopefully it was only one or two who weren't looking after themselves whilst in lockdown (and whilst, they seem to misunderstand this part, being employed to be match ready, fit and not ... I'll stop there)

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS.

Gollum has had a right dig at us Villa fans.

Martin Keown has claimed Aston Villa may have a better chance of winning Premier League survival - WITHOUT their fans in attendance.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...aning-criticising-former-aston-villa-18444607
It's actually a fair point. Smith himself was talking about how we have players who can do it in training but not on match day, you have to wonder why. The conditions for the rest of the season are probably closer to high intensity training matches than proper football matches.

It's actually a fair point. Smith himself was talking about how we have players who can do it in training but not on match day, you have to wonder why. The conditions for the rest of the season are probably closer to high intensity training matches than proper football matches.

Have you read the article ? He was on about 1987 .

Gollum has had a right dig at us Villa fans.

Martin Keown has claimed Aston Villa may have a better chance of winning Premier League survival - WITHOUT their fans in attendance.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...aning-criticising-former-aston-villa-18444607

Ha ha Keowngoal is such a fuckwit.

On the one hand he moans about the fans giving them shit in 87 (which they didn't really as no one went - attendances were around 16-18k!!) and on the other hand he says he wanted artificial noise as the fans were so quiet. Twat.

Also, we didn't win the Champions League Martin, we won the European Cup, back when it really was for champions and not any team who finishes in the top half of the fucking league.

Twat.

Our crowd have been fantastic this season despite everything going wrong on the pitch. Stuck behind the lads every minute of the way, which has not always been the case 30k season tickets holders says it all to me. We believe or believed that this was the new dawn and we've stuck at it.
The place for moaning is here on this forum and others like it , not that there are any others like it of course.
On here it affects nobody, at Villa Park, the atmosphere can win us games it can also turn people to jelly.
Personally I think this season it been great, I think that would continue but there is a turning point with every crowd, so pluses and minuses.
I think the crowd would have got us over the line on Wednesday

Our crowd have been fantastic this season despite everything going wrong on the pitch. Stuck behind the lads every minute of the way, which has not always been the case 30k season tickets holders says it all to me. We believe or believed that this was the new dawn and we've stuck at it.
The place for moaning is here on this forum and others like it , not that there are any others like it of course.
On here it affects nobody, at Villa Park, the atmosphere can win us games it can also turn people to jelly.
Personally I think this season it been great, I think that would continue but there is a turning point with every crowd, so pluses and minuses.
I think the crowd would have got us over the line on Wednesday

That was my point about what Gollum said. I don't think we have ever been a bad crowd to play in front of.

That was my point about what Gollum said. I don't think we have ever been a bad crowd to play in front of.

relegation seasons the crowd has turned but this season we have been top drawer all season, despite the results not because of them.
He's lucky he didn't play for Sunderland