Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 60 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Yes, all a bit baffling about the acceptance of that tame showing.

I quite like how he riles the steadier and pc pundits and just says what he thinks I must say!

I've never understood how people like Keane, who are simply unpleasant bullies, can get away with pretty much anything just because they "say what what they think" . Him being a no nothing tosser is not some interesting personality trait.

Last edited:
Have to be honest that Keane is up in my top most hated in football list and I'm not having anything he says. A bitter man whose appeal escapes me.

How anyone can take what he's saying, which is that Grealish look like he enjoys playing football too much, seriously is honestly beyond me.

If he was consistent in praise/criticism I could agree...But he was shown up by Patrice Evra tonight talking about Norwich.

I've never understood how people like Keane, who are simply unpleasant bullies, can get away with pretty much anything just because they "say what what they think" . Him being a no nothing tosser is not some interesting personality trait.

Yes, I have mixed feelings, didn't like him at Villa with Lamberk, but as a pundit, he isn't bland like so many others, he certainly gets passionate and you can see he had the winner mentality that I would argue our lot don't have - as the league position also illustrates. I thought what he said was spot on.

Too intense to be my mate but I daren't think what he’d say about me!
But he’s so right about what he expects from a professional footballer, flex their muscles, impose their personality, in short, give it all they’ve got for those 90 minutes. Who would disagree with that?

Different personalities get themselves up for games in different ways. There is no right way to play football.

Bergkamp was a beautiful player with a nasty streak, Keane was gritty and nasty, Henry was sublime - all different, went about it their own way and were all winners.

If JG was a similar player to RK, I could agree with the criticism. He's not, so JG has to find his own way.

Just replayed his comments about Villa and Jack. Have to agree again. Jack could do with some of the others taking responsibility on the pitch and the one-man-show looks to be wearing a bit thin on him now. Hence the arm gestures when he’s in the floor and the shakes of the head and the smiles. There an air of inevitability about it all. Come on! - players like El Ghazi should be busting a gut to want the ball, take players on, make an impact. But no, too many are relying on Jack as saviour instead of imposing their own personalities.

I don't mind Keane either way. He certainly has the medals to back up the way he has a go at players not performing. Unlike, say, that twat Robbie Savage, a proper rent-a-gob. I can't stand him.

Totally agree. I can't stand him either.

Indeed he really is a twat who has stolen a living in professorial football and now steals another nice living by being nothing more than an antagonistic rent-a-gob.

Last edited:
Arsenal really are shit as Brighton do the double over them this season.

A bad result for us so now we shortly move onto West Spam V Wolves and Bournemouth V Crystal Palace.

Fingers crossed:please:

Brighton and bournemouth know how to grind out results. West Ham might be our best hope , Watford seem too good to drop aswell