Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 112 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

I just love the expression on Taylor's face in the photo with him taking the piss out of Deeney and his gesture to the Holte End this season - I wonder if he will be called a "cheeky bastard" too.

I keep telling all of the fans of other clubs who have taken the piss out of us over the last 10 years the following statement - say it loud, say it long and say it to all and sundry. "Form is temporary, but class is permanent"

We are Aston Villa, we are class and yesterday was just one small step in us returning to our rightful place amongst the elite of the game once more. Buy some quality and keep some stability and just watch us go.

There were times when I doubted whether we could stay up but a quick 'chat' with the Holte Enders in the Sky yesterday just reassured me of the outcome.

As Gordon’sleftboot pointed out, if the season had been cancelled we’d have been relegated on the points per game calculation. Bloody narrow thing!

Last edited:
I just love the expression on Taylor's face in the photo with him taking the piss out of Deeney and his gesture to the Holte End this season - I wonder if he will be called a "cheeky bastard" too.

I keep telling all of the fans of other clubs who have taken the piss out of us over the last 10 years the following statement - say it loud, say it long and say it to all and sundry. "Form is temporary, but class is permanent"

We are Aston Villa, we are class and yesterday was just one small step in us returning to our rightful place amongst the elite of the game once more. Buy some quality and keep some stability and just watch us go.

There were times when I doubted whether we could stay up but a quick 'chat' with the Holte Enders in the Sky yesterday just reassured me of the outcome.
I just watched this before the Crystal Palace game

Monday morning and I still dont know how we managed to avoid the drop.
I am just glad that Moyse managed to get West Ham safe before the final game.

The Table without VAR

Courtesy of the Brum Mail who have nicked it from the Express

1 Liverpool - 94 points (-5pts)
2 Manchester City - 87 points (+6pts)
3 Chelsea - 67 points (+1pt)
4 Manchester United - 66 points (No difference)
5 Wolves - 66 points (+7pts)
6 Leicester City - 62 points (No difference)
7 Sheffield United - 58 points (+4pts)
8 Arsenal - 56 points (No difference)
9 Burnley - 54 points (No difference)
10 Tottenham - 52 points (-7pts)
11 Everton - 50 points (+1pts)
12 Southampton - 49 points (-3pts)
13 West Ham - 45 points (+6pts)
14 Newcastle - 44 points (No difference)
15 Crystal Palace - 41 points (-2pts)
16 Aston Villa - 37 points (+2pts)
17 Brighton - 36 points (-5pts)
18 Watford - 34 points (No difference)
19 Bournemouth - 33 points (-1pt)
20 Norwich - 23 points (+2pts)

The Table without VAR

Courtesy of the Brum Mail who have nicked it from the Express

1 Liverpool - 94 points (-5pts)
2 Manchester City - 87 points (+6pts)
3 Chelsea - 67 points (+1pt)
4 Manchester United - 66 points (No difference)
5 Wolves - 66 points (+7pts)
6 Leicester City - 62 points (No difference)
7 Sheffield United - 58 points (+4pts)
8 Arsenal - 56 points (No difference)
9 Burnley - 54 points (No difference)
10 Tottenham - 52 points (-7pts)
11 Everton - 50 points (+1pts)
12 Southampton - 49 points (-3pts)
13 West Ham - 45 points (+6pts)
14 Newcastle - 44 points (No difference)
15 Crystal Palace - 41 points (-2pts)
16 Aston Villa - 37 points (+2pts)
17 Brighton - 36 points (-5pts)
18 Watford - 34 points (No difference)
19 Bournemouth - 33 points (-1pt)
20 Norwich - 23 points (+2pts)
What's the league look like without schoolboy errors - we'd be near the top 🤣🤣

WE DID IT!!!!!

The greatest of escapes. A few weeks ago I called for divine intervention, not sure if it was that, but definitely an aligning of the stars. Pearson getting sacked, a few late Bournemouth goals getting chalked off and Trezeguet finding his shooting boots. The luck that had alluded us for 36 games before Arsenal (Hawkeye excluded) suddenly swung in our favour and boy that felt good Sunday.

Credit to Dean Smith and the Coaching Staff for the calmness they had all along (something I myself had criticised) and the players for continuing to believe and showing improvement in their application in pressure cooker situations.

Now's the time to kick on, go and get some quality to convince Grealish we mean business. 5/6 required in my opinion and most importantly a Striker who can hit the ground running. Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but Mitrovic would be the one for me, right age and a right handful. Get Benrahma out of Brentford and make a serious effort for Axel Tuanzebe.

Don't look back in anger, the next decade cannot be as bad as the last one. #UTV

Just watched the European Champions on ITV4. Started with Celtic and Manure, then glossed over Liverpool and Forest and focused on the mighty Aston Villa. Showed interviews with Ron Saunders, and the majority of the team :love::love::love:. Amazing story really.