Staying in the Premier League- a look at how much teams spent after promotion | Page 3 | Vital Football

Staying in the Premier League- a look at how much teams spent after promotion

Great post Pope. It’s cold hard facts like this that underline the scale of the task, once the elation and warmth of Wembley begins to fade (if it ever does). The scale of the task ahead of us it a huge one, especially as we had five loanees. However, and I’m aware this is probably a biased point, Cooper is a better manager than any coach of those other promoted sides (other than arguably Bielsa). We’re going to find out very soon if his success in the transfer market so far has been a hot streak, or whether there’s been a degree of luck involved there too. Also, the crowd at the CG is a twelfth man in a way that only Villa and Leeds could compare with. Nevertheless our current squad is shallow and lacks the necessary quality. We can’t afford for any new signings to miss this summer.

could have just copied n pasted the similar article in the press, showing clubs investment over the last 3 seasons inthe prem etc. Essentially you need a team worth 200million quid to be competetive. I kinda expect us to spend big, 100m perhaps

I'm honestly not sure on Spence at Premier League level

And Brennan still has a lot to improve on

Not long ago we hated the thought of losing Ollie Burke

We've done really well with loans this season

I'm just careful when it comes to spending big money
you wont be spending it so dont worry about it.
if we spend 100 million, waste the lot and come back down again, wed have to offload a few of them again and try with the 70 million parachute payments. Sounds like a no brainer to spend big now and have the faith that the the club can make them players work for us. Everything suggests we should be optimistic we can do that

Altho i realised it anyway it was shocking to see in those articles about the owners worth. When you see like manure in 5th place or so worth 3billion (our owner 17th with 500m) and then see Newcastle 3 miles above the group and worth 320 billion.. 100 times bigger than the others lol

Let's for a moment forget about Spence. In the last months of the campaign he wasn't as effective as before, technically was found out. In the Premiership with better managers and coaches, his tricks will work for a few games ... same applies to Brennan...Next year we need something different...or else we will struggle to score goals...

lmao, its started already, 2 of the best players we have seen in decades at the city ground, Spence n BJ, just aint cut out for the Prem lolololoolol

Murphy said he wanted to model us on a team with good team spirit like sheff utd that stayed up first year.

Murphy said he wanted to model us on a team with good team spirit like sheff utd that stayed up first year.
Getting a pasting every week is definitely not the way to keep a good team spirit. We must spend big and that must include a reasonable striker.