Stay calm | Vital Football

Stay calm

happy birthday ,but it,ll all end in tears disapointment regret and anger. then it,ll be the same all over again next season.

Having a great season whatever ....but still lots to look forward to fook me we are third and we will finish in top three... pinch me but that's great imo.

Have a beer lads its my 63rd birthday today.. cheers and utb

Happy Birthday Acko! :bday:..................I'll have a glass of rose to celebrate (bring the board's resident woman ....or old bat as some would say :LOL:)

Unfortunately I think hes right, been a decent season but once again we fall short. Fuck me is there a club in England that has failed at the final hurdle as much as we have.

Well, three things.

1. Theres plenty of teams that win virtually nowt. If you're here for the glory and the trophies then you are in the wrong place.
2. Accepting that as fact, then the important thing is to enjoy winning the battles even if we never win the war. There's plenty to enjoy in supporting a trophy dodging club like us. We're a great club even when we're losing.
3. Who cares..? Its Acko's birthday, and a time for celebration with a fellow Blade, not to continue the endless winge-fest, and the 'poor us' mentality that shrouds us like the albatross around our necks.

In short this is a microcosm of life as a Blade, too busy moaning about the disappointments to remember to enjoy what we can when we can.

Happy Birthday Acko! I'll raise a pint with you.!

Well, three things.

1. Theres plenty of teams that win virtually nowt. If you're here for the glory and the trophies then you are in the wrong place.
2. Accepting that as fact, then the important thing is to enjoy winning the battles even if we never win the war. There's plenty to enjoy in supporting a trophy dodging club like us. We're a great club even when we're losing.
3. Who cares..? Its Acko's birthday, and a time for celebration with a fellow Blade, not to continue the endless winge-fest, and the 'poor us' mentality that shrouds us like the albatross around our necks.

In short this is a microcosm of life as a Blade, too busy moaning about the disappointments to remember to enjoy what we can when we can.

I bet folk on here can tell you've spent some time wi me at Stocky this season nar thaz started talkin sense abart football Pops.:giggle: To listen to some on BLADES forums you'd think every other club in't world wins trophies every other season,at the end of the season worever league we're in folk shud tek a look and think where they honestly expected us to finish when the season started and think for the vast majority of the season it's been very good and before anyone starts callin mi a clapper i've said for months i thought we'd just miss out on't auto's but that owt's possible wi TUFTY in charge and it wunt be impossible for us to go up in auto's and ya know wot it still aint impossible to finish in't top 2,unlikely yeah but not impossible.UP DEM MIGHTY BLADES. Oh yeah a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ACKO.:bday::cheers: UTCB

Last edited:
Well, three things.

FKB I get your points which are beautifully put, as ever. However, surely you will allow a bit of whinging and distress on this board after the way we caved in so feebly on Saturday..............we might be diehard Blades, but we're also only human :eek!:

FKB I get your points which are beautifully put, as ever. However, surely you will allow a bit of whinging and distress on this board after the way we caved in so feebly on Saturday..............we might be diehard Blades, but we're also only human :eek!:

Everyone gets frustrated Aya. I was deeply disappointed myself, and in these situations a bit of a whinge is only natural. However there are many Unitedites who only have 'winge' as their response to everything. I agree with Rod, if we were honest with ourselves, any kind of finish in 6th or above is sensational. It would be great if we snuck in to win promotion either by winning our last four and Leeds slipping up, or finally tasting sweet victory at Wembley, but I don't really see the need for slashing and toy chucking just because we gave it our best and came up a bit short. The players are only human too...

Happy birthday Acko.

Narwich and Weeds have rightly been up there in the top two auto spots for most of the season. We have been playing catch up and on balance are probably the third best team in the league this season an achievement in itself bearing in mind the off the field dispute between the two owners.

Our ageing squad is feeling the pressure in terms of injuries and tiredness when compared to the younger fitter squads of the 2 above, we have done well to get where we currently are.

I'm of the mindset of going for the play offs. We will never have a better opportunity because we don't know what car crash regime we will have in place after the Court Hearing.

I don't buy into it will have been a good season even if we don't go up. When you have an opportunity like this you take it and much will depend on the mindset of the management team as to how we approach our remaining games. I'm for resting key players to give us maximum chance to get up via Wembley. Sharp and Basham by accident rather than design are already going to have a rest for a few weeks others such as Goldie need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

We are more than capable of beating Villa and West Brom as this season has shown when we are fit and tactically forward thinking. Brizzle are my only worry as Johnson has consistently outfoxed CW . Heres hoping Frank Lampards Derby County scrape through into the final spot.

I'm upbeat about going up. Circumstances have conspired against us in the last few days and autos for me is a less than 10% chance now but the play offs remain a very good chance that we should embrace and go for.

Happy birthday Acko.

Narwich and Weeds have rightly been up there in the top two auto spots for most of the season. We have been playing catch up and on balance are probably the third best team in the league this season an achievement in itself bearing in mind the off the field dispute between the two owners.

Our ageing squad is feeling the pressure in terms of injuries and tiredness when compared to the younger fitter squads of the 2 above, we have done well to get where we currently are.

I'm of the mindset of going for the play offs. We will never have a better opportunity because we don't know what car crash regime we will have in place after the Court Hearing.

I don't buy into it will have been a good season even if we don't go up. When you have an opportunity like this you take it and much will depend on the mindset of the management team as to how we approach our remaining games. I'm for resting key players to give us maximum chance to get up via Wembley. Sharp and Basham by accident rather than design are already going to have a rest for a few weeks others such as Goldie need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

We are more than capable of beating Villa and West Brom as this season has shown when we are fit and tactically forward thinking. Brizzle are my only worry as Johnson has consistently outfoxed CW . Heres hoping Frank Lampards Derby County scrape through into the final spot.

I'm upbeat about going up. Circumstances have conspired against us in the last few days and autos for me is a less than 10% chance now but the play offs remain a very good chance that we should embrace and go for.
that second paragraph is the important point lst an ageing squad its a long hard season in the championship so to have got as far as we have is a magnificent effort by all the staff at the lane and im sure chris knows we have to lower our average squad age next season whatever league were in

Everyone gets frustrated Aya. I was deeply disappointed myself, and in these situations a bit of a whinge is only natural. However there are many Unitedites who only have 'winge' as their response to everything. I agree with Rod, if we were honest with ourselves, any kind of finish in 6th or above is sensational. It would be great if we snuck in to win promotion either by winning our last four and Leeds slipping up, or finally tasting sweet victory at Wembley, but I don't really see the need for slashing and toy chucking just because we gave it our best and came up a bit short. The players are only human too...

but I like a bit of toy chucking every now and then :tongue::taz::censor:.............v therapeutic.

We've got Stearman, Craine and Freeman who can drop in at the back, we've got Hogan up front, and most importantly of all...we've got

1555482784208.png

Cometh the hour of the Lundy....

happy birthday ,but it,ll all end in tears disapointment regret and anger. then it,ll be the same all over again next season.

With the court case shennigans coming up,we had berra get promoted or next season will be the mother of all "shit hits the fan" seasons.