Stats: Hull City v Brentford | Vital Football

Stats: Hull City v Brentford

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Hull City (2) vs (0) Brentford, KC Stadium, 26/04/16 Att:

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?444558">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I have seen more absorbing, interesting and exciting episodes of Button Moon. Good luck video man getting more than thirty seconds of highlights from that.

I'm still in hull, one of 215 hardy souls. We weren't too bad, just 2 or3 battlers light. Physicality wins the game for them. Worth it if we do the biz on Sat.

Interesting comments from Dean Smith. This fixture was re-arranged because of a cup replay involving Hull. Since when did cup replays take precedence over scheduled League fixtures?

Just back after a very long away trip. 1st time at the KC which was my main reason for going, a pretty nice stadium if you like the modern bowls, with elements of others we've visited in the championship (Derby, Cardiff and particularly BHA on one side). It was all a bit flat with the relatively small crowd more noisy in their protests towards their owner than bothered about the game or us. Generally they seem a friendly lot, proper football people and respectful of BFC. Plenty of cheap, if a bit scruffy, pubs to try around the ground / town. A chance to catch up with many old Brentford faces over a few beers, so what's not to like?

As for the game, well not much to add that anyone reading won't already know, 2 changed teams illustrating the depth of their squad and bare bones of ours. We were neat and tidy and possibly better in possession for spells, whilst they did more with theirs, and once they had a lead never let go - whilst holding a bit back in reserve. We struggle to compete with the power, pace and physical nature of the sides above us, i'm proud of the way that we try to play, but it has limitations when we cant hold the ball up front against big defenders, or keep out these powerful forwards who literally bully us.

Swift and Djurcin really struggled and at times it felt like we were having to carry them bot,h as they lost possession time and time again. Djuricin clearly knows he's going, as for the 2nd consecutive game he ran straight off at the end without acknowledging Bees fans. Button did well to stop the softest penalty I can recall, they hit the bar - and that's about it.

We've done very well to turn things around recently, and the likely top half finish is genuine cause for
optimism. MB's wisdom (which at times i've questioned) has won the day, coupled with an overall improvement across the club in key areas when it was needed. That shouldn't mask some of the mistakes that have been made, things that can and will be improved upon, and in my view the surprisingly average standard of the division this season.

All I hope for is a good performance and result on Saturday, which will more than justify the approach taken to last night's game. Visiting Hull also makes me realise how lucky I am to live where i do, and that isn't at all meant as a dig at them or their city. We have opportunities down here that just don't exist in many of these places.

I thought Woods struggled too. Very silly booking. Can't argue with any of what you've said, Rebel. We were the better passing team, and that was not a penalty even for Man U at Old Trafford. Justice in the save.
I still cannot understand how two goals were scored by either side. Both goals were scrappy. You at least had the added interest of meeting old bees and doing a new ground. To watch from here it was awful. One of the worst of the season and I remember not being impressed by Hull at our place even if everyone else was. I'd hate to watch them week in, week out.
Atmosphere was almost Nou Campish but for the Bees and the odd chant of someone out.

Agree with you CB, Hull were by no means unbeatable despite beating us twice this season. Not even close to the quality of the 3 promoted sides last season, plus Boro.

I've read reports elsewhere which imo over play the impact of financial disparity between clubs like Hull and BFC. Sure the incontrovertible facts are there, the parachute payments alone make it an uneven playing field, and allow clubs to take even bigger risks to try to get back up. That said i'd still be interested to see Hull's financial situation, 15K paying punters probably means that their "interesting" owner has to dig deep to stem losses too.

The tale of the 2 games was that we weren't far away, and if we can somehow balance our passing philosophy with a bit more bite in key areas we have nothing to fear. We all know that money talks in football, but Leicester's story continues to prove that smart clubs can find ways to remain competitive. Looking at the performances of Josh Clarke recently, and comparing them with Moses Odubajo gives inspiration and optimism, and I rated Moses very highly.