Stats: Huddersfield Town v Brentford | Vital Football

Stats: Huddersfield Town v Brentford

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Huddersfield Town (2) vs (1) Brentford, John Smith's Stadium, 6/8/16 Att:

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?455567">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Not the way we wanted to start the season but early days. First game often doesn't represent how the season will go. Two home games coming up which will give us a better indication of form.

Not the way we wanted to start the season but early days. First game often doesn't represent how the season will go. Two home games coming up which will give us a better indication of form.

Disappointed to lose yesterday, maybe unfairly some fans will draw too much from comparisons with our last visit. Pre season and yesterday have come as a reality check for us all really, we look far from ready in terms of fitness, preparation and most importantly the balance of the squad. New boys will take time to settle and we all casually glossed over the experienced pair that left us this summer. Clearly we are finding it harder to bring in new signings, we all know what we lack! A look around the division shows a number of loans players that we've been linked with doing the biz elsewhere, I guess finances are the reason we didn't get some of these deals done, but we need people with the right quality in fast.

It does have to be said that this is the time for DS to show us what he is all about, both in his input towards new players, and most importantly to put a fit balanced side on the pitch and to employ correct tactics to get the best from them. I think it is fair to say that we do need to more evidence that he can fulfil his role and uphold the Brentford way.

Patience is needed, as well as an intelligent critique of where we are. We as supporters need to drop any feelings of entitlement or unrealistic expectation of promotion, get back to packing out GP and roaring home every point. We ain't great at the moment but we aren't dead in the water yet either.

Totally agree with Rebel's last paragraph. Holloway predicted Huddersfield would end one place below us in twenty-third. They have just spent 5 million quid on new players. Based on last season, DS needs time to get it right, but when he does it works. We need to be both realistic and patient and get behind the team.

Being totally honest? The best team won. Could have won by more. Utterly awful.

Hogan spent most of his time running round after a lost cause, little service but did well to create what he did and one of the few to actually come out with head held high in my opinion. Our main playmaker who we are building the team round, apparently, did sod all first half but improved second. A bit. The new lad, Sawyer needs a lot of work. With the emphasis on a lot. Slow, lightweight, distribution awful and put us in trouble three times in first half hour by giving the ball away. I have hopes for him, but he needs to improve quickly.
As for KK. WHY>??????????? Thankfully taken off about ten minutes, maybe less into second half. Usual utter sh*te and absolutely invisible. Please offload this waste of wage and shirt to somewhere he will maybe fit in......ie NOT Brentford.
New goalkeeper made a couple of important stops and liked the look of him. Great double save before the photo op save lol,. and a shame his defence let him down after his good stop just before their second. Whole side went to sleep straight after scoring.
Dead balls were a waste of time, free kicks going miles off or corners going straight to keeper or floated way over to no one.
I thought Nico added a lot of much needed impetus to the side and we perked up when he came on, but look who he replaced......No. Nico was excellent and along with Hogan and keeper I thought played well.

Yes it's only first game of the season, but we need to be honest straight away or we wait too long to start wondering why it went wrong. Smith has had long enough to get it right, it's his team and we should have hit the ground running after last season's finish. We just didn't look like we were confident enough to.

In all honesty both sides need to pick up after that and quickly or it will be a long season for both of us.

That's a pretty damning assessment CB, but I don't think many would argue with it.

I'm a bit staggered that we start another season with so many injuries and with big gaps in the squad. Much as i'm behind MB and think I understand the plan better now, the abilities of the DoF's to find and recruit the players we need are still in question. We are still trying to farm out last year's duds - or worse still starting them at this level.

If DS was responsible for the 3 players we have signed then PG/RA need to unearth some talent pronto, one loan deal so far isn't quite going to be enough. Yes we know it's difficult but the players are out there. There is time but I really hope to see some news in the next days.

No entitlement here, i'll be behind the team every week and simply want us to be a championship club at this time next year.

I actually have a lot of faith in Smith and think he will soon get us going well. That was just what I saw Saturday and it could all be different next weekend. I just cannot understand this fixation with the invisible man. He made a couple of nice passes in a couple of matches last season but nothing to write home about. Saunders gets a lot of flak but at least he puts himself about and gets involved.
Shame Barbet was nineteenth man (was he injured?).
McLeod was quiet too, but they marked him out of the match. Two straight on him every time. Still made some nice touches though.

Was a lovely touch. I think Sawyer made a good pass in the move too. Pretty sure he will be a good player for us, Condor. The attention Huddersfield gave him seemed to suggest they think he already is.