Stats: Brighton v Brentford | Vital Football

Stats: Brighton v Brentford

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Brighton (0) vs (2) Brentford, Amex Stadium, 10/9/16 Att: 26,388

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?460406">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

We grew into the game after weathering some early pressure . Hogan tucked away a chance created by Macleod and we never really looked back. Second half we got more on top and defended valiantly when we had too with Bentley strong and positive when needed.

After Hogan struck again it was all over and half the stadium seem to empty out to get the early transport home. They could see a beaten team in front of them.

The big difference this season is that we look much stronger in defence, thus preventing the opposition from getting a hold of the game and having a mountain to climb all the time.

We still play a passing game and neat and technically high levels of football but we have added steel to our defensive play and pressure the opposition acutely very well when we do not have the ball. It was quite a tactical battle with Brighton's high line against our pressing game which Smith won in the end.

Good away support and a really good awayday.

Perfect summary Kent Bee, not much to add on the game. As good an away performance as I've seen in a long time, this is up there with the 4-1 at Fulham, the 2-1 at Norwich & the 3-0 at forest last season.

I liked that Smith showed loyalty to Clsrke & he gave us a decent outlet which suited our set up, some good individual battles out there including Bjelland's 45 minutes at full back. This performance is all the evidence bees fans should need to know that the people running our club really know what they are doing. We have a talented competitive squad with some real stars in the making, Smith has made us more solid & able to collect points even when not at our best. We will have bad days too but are in s good place right now, I urge everyone to come out & enjoy wstching this team as often as possible - they deserve it!

Great support with our 1500 making more noise than the 3k we took there 2 seasons back.

Next stop villa park - pinch yourselves & get there if you can.

Certainly our best performance of the season. Thought Colin was outstanding in a good defensive line up, Dean solid too. Even Sawyers ran his heart out and did everything he could. Thought it was his best performance too.
A strange statistic though. Although we seem to have strengthened our defence, up until yesterday, Bentley had made twenty two saves, the most in the country. If our defence is so good how are these shots getting in? He is statistically the best keeper in the country at the moment. Not that I understand the data Sean sent me lol.
Home fans were really quiet and at times it was like the ground was empty. The only noise they made was consistently whinging at the ref, and the way they streamed out of the ground when we went two up was poor. How is a team supposed to think it can get back if the fans give up en masse?
Hogan is back though. Could have had a hat trick but for a great bit of defending after another Clarke run.

We now have two more points than I realistically hoped for out of this and Villa match and I can't wait for Wednesday night now. Play like that and we'll cause them real problems.

PS, note we didn't sit back this time.

Good comments CB, it is true that Bentley has made a lot of saves and maybe we invite more pressure now, but we are definitely more solid across the back line, maybe that is as much to do with Bentley as anything in front of him - but I think it's an improvement all round. To be fair we've played some really good attacking sides in Hudds, Forest, Wednesday & BHA - maybe that is coming through in the stats?

Hogan gave a similar performance for us as Costa did for Chelsea yesterday - minus the nasty bit. He was a real pain all day for a defence that had not conceded at the Amex this season. Plays with his brain as much as with his feet.

Anything at Villa is a bonus now, it would be great to go there and play well wouldn't it. In this division anything can happen.

Great day out, excellent performance and result. We didn't see a great deal of the free-flowing football we know we are capable of but that was because of the quality of opposition. They didn't let us play as much as we would have liked. We created loads more and better chances than they did.

What a sh*tty place to get away from, no wonder they left early!

Yep the Amex is very much a case of do turn up, spend your money and then do one, thousands of BHA fans were still in the stadium drinking an hour after the game, probs can't bear the train weariness back out again.

Not to mention the stroppy unhelpful coppers we encountered at Brighton station - utter contempt for football fans written all over their faces.

Got utterly soaked coming hom but the pre game drinks in town and 3 points were well worth it.