Stats: Brentford v Reading | Vital Football

Stats: Brentford v Reading

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Brentford (4) vs (1) Reading, Griffin Park, 27/9/16 Att: 9,679

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?462449">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Great performance & result to match. As good as anything achieved under Warbs, & Dean Smith is really putting his mark on the team now. I doubted the depth of our squad but the changes last night show we have depth & options, have to mention Alan Mac & Josh Clarke who epitomise this.

This team is a joy to watch when they click & hard working when not quite clicking. They deserve a full GP every week backing them to the max.

Always nice to beat reading, now we move on to the proper hoops.

weplayed really well i thought. Reading did have some chances but didnt really get behind us despite their possession levels, meanwhile we cut through them at a canter

Interesting to see DS's team selection for Sat. Does Woods come straight back in for Mac, and is it Sully or Clarke? Good problems to have.

I thought Reading were a very good side and even at three one down were still playing as if they thought they had a chance to get back. Then they suddenly died off. Couldn't take what we were throwing at them An outstanding performance by the Bees, Colin, Dean, Clarke and once again, Sawyers standing out. I am still not overly convinced by Woods who over hits so many passes and gives away as much as he gains, so I'd go with McCormack who put in a very good and competent performance on Tuesday.

Now we are getting back to strength and not carrying the overspill we acquired we are looking a very good side.

We're possibly going to differ on Woods like we did with JD CB. That's what makes this game so great - opinions.

Woods is young, has big talent & being tracked by so called bigger clubs. How do you leave him out to a guy in the twilight of his career? Yet you're right in that Mac rarely puts a foot wrong when needed. Very tough call!!

I don't dislike the guy like I did Douglas who I could see no redeeming factors in whatsoever. I just think the Ginger Pirlo tag is a bit ott as many of his passes do go astray. Mac can be a bit of a liability at times too.