Stats: Brentford v Nottm Forest | Vital Football

Stats: Brentford v Nottm Forest

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Brentford (1) vs (0) Nottm Forest, Griffin Park, 16/8/16 Att: 10,004

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?457053">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Very happy to get a big win out of that, a result that we'd possibly not have achieved in either of the past 2 seasons through our defensive weaknesses. Forest were decent and physical, the new signing from Benfica looked a really good player, and maybe they deserved a point, but the determination of our back line and a special save from Bentley saw it through.

I feared for Lewis as he appeared to have been "done" early on, but his recovery and overall performance was really encouraging. Very pleased with the new boys in general, although Sawyers wasn't as careful with the ball as he was on Saturday. Egan is a real find and Bentley looks like the GK upgrade we'd all hoped for. Elder came through a tough battle well too I thought. Great 1st half from Yennaris too who broke up play countless times, he comes back and results improve - no coincidence is it. We're winning big points at home now and despite not dominating possession or creating the chances we are used to, we still play some nice stuff at times. credit to DS for assembling a a more solid unit and way to win games whilst we look for a bit more quality to add to the side. Interesting that he seems to have seen enough from Josh, KK, Hoffman - preferring Sam Saunders to any of these as his 1st change.

Atmosphere was decent last night, looked way busier than on Sat to me. Again the irony of pimply Forest fans chanting "champions of Europe, you'll never see that" true, but neither did most of you fellas! When will they get that we have this all the time from some entitled fans of the so called big clubs, usually totally ignorant of our own history, anyway we love it and enjoy sticking it to you just that little bit more.

A great advert for the division and for GP at night, simply beautiful as ever.

Good summary above, really enjoying the "tinpot" tag as we "steal" the points from these "bigger" clubs. Forest are very like Leeds in that they cannot move on from their past.

We dug the win out and didn't play as well as on Saturday but oddly I was less nervy about losing the game after going ahead despite all the pressure they exerted. We looked very strong at corners and free kicks against us and with Bentley we have a class shot stopper as a last line of defence. That save in extra time was stunning. I think Egan is a real find and seems to have made our back four very solid.

I can now see what the fuss is about over Macleod, he is such a natural footballer with the ball at his feet, he makes it all look so simple and easy, he must score soon.

A good Tuesday night game and a decent crowd again.

A thoroughly enjoyable game against a team with some real quality. A very strong midfield, excellent wingers and some experience at the back. They might have had a lot of the ball but they rarely got into our box and when they did we stood firm. We played some really nice football too especially in the first 15 minutes of each half.

I still think we can upgrade on Clarke although he gives us a bit more balance and his speed is a threat - could Vibe fill that role? He struggled out wide last season. Elder did some nice stuff but also got caught a couple of times. Woods ran his socks off but played a few loose passes. Macleod is a joy to watch and his corners and free kicks are superb.

I'm looking forward to watching it all again on beesplayer!

Rebel - I think KK will still be a part of our side, but that Smith has noted that his performances are better centrally. I would expect him to come on for Sawyers, but the latter has the shirt currently

I thought Elder did some really good stuff but is till on a learning curve. His header to their striker was dreadful and baffling, but he was not alone on making strange decisions in the last 15 minutes or so

We look genuinely strong defensively overall and I wasnt particularly worried when Forest got corners last night

Macleod is a player, Sawyers shows some great moments too although can be careless in possession at times - but I've been impressed generally with his work rate and he doesnt hide from wanting the ball

Clarke is doing OK but is the most obvious player in need of an upgrade I would say

It seems to me that DS is trying to change us from a team that dominates possession, to a team that's hard to beat. Hooray for that.

That's very true Spanish. And when we do have the ball we still play some really nice stuff. We've just got rid of the boring bit where the back four and the deep lying midfielder play it around to each other for half an hour getting nowhere!

Spanish i think that's about right. My description of DS for the moment is pragmatic, he's made us tighter and able to collect points using the resources we have. Good on him for doing so and for producing 4 consecutive wins at GP. The rolling it out from the back, over playing, and possession obsession is gone, so is some of the intricate passing but we still knock it about nicely when we can.

Totally agree that an upgrade on Clarke will give us more attacking quality, I see that we are looking at an Arsenal youngster, also just my feeling but I sense that KK may be fringe at best, maybe even on borrowed time, DS trusts Saunders in there these days. Perhaps he'll keep him around if the rumours of Josh Mceachran going off to Celtic have any legs.

Totally agree re Sawyers. oozes class and finding his way at this level, if a few other bits of the jigsaw fall into place we'll see just how good he can be..

One of those had to be there to enjoy it nights. On screen it looked scrappy and not a great advert. Forest giving it the big time Charlie stuff of wanting fouls for everything and it got to the point I thought they'd get given a massive decision.
Not sure I liked the sitting so deep second half, it nearly cost us twice, but Bentley looks a great buy, his last ditch save was brilliant. Honestly didn't think Hogan's shot would cross the line! It seemed to take forever. Great move to provide the eventual goal though. Good save from Hogan's first effort too.
I hope you are wrong, Condor. I wouldn't give him another minute in a first team shirt, until he has gone out on loan and learnt how to get involved in a match. I cannot remember a worse waste of a shirt. Utter sh*te and may he never grace our pitch again. I always feel we are down to ten men when he's "playing" Get shot of asap.
Sawyers is a bit of an enigma at the moment to me. Saturday, he showed he's got it. But last night he was more Huddersfield than Ipswich. I have hopes for him. Just hope he can show some consistency on the Ipswich level.

When are you over CB, will deffo come and say hello and have a beer witcha.

Stick with Sawyers, see what you think when you see him in person, although what you say is fair imo. The superfans and defenders of the faith will jump all over you for it though.

There are rumours of Josh Mc being off to Celtic, maybe good for both parties, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him and the Hoff moved on.

I had to laugh at Hoff at Exeter when Josh crossed to him and the ball just bounced off him. Sean showed the Kaiserslauten (sp) match live on youtube and we were talking to their fans who asked about him They also asked why the hell we bought him and thanked us!

Got Newcastle and Derby away booked and Barnsley at home. Bish is trying to organise a northern soul night so I'm bringing my records over in case, for after the Barnsley match.

I will stick with Sawyer, I can see promise there, unlike in a couple of others, he just seems a bit of an enigma at the moment. Saw enough good in him against Ipswich to see he has got it.