Stats: Brentford v Cardiff City | Vital Football

Stats: Brentford v Cardiff City

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
All the stats from Brentford (2) vs (1) Cardiff City, Griffin Park, 19/4/16 Att: 8,363

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?443581">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Don't you just love late shows like that, that's two games on the trot we have pick up points at the end. Looks like we have found a real striker in SH. Dull first half but some pep talks at half time seem to spur both teams on in the second and it got quite feisty at times.

If they had won Cardiff would be three points off the playoffs so looks like we have busted that for them. Surprised as I thought they would go for it more but they sat back until we scored.

Onto the Mongs and hopefully we will mathematically relegate the on Saturday.

Loved that and came away feeling totally uplifted, in truth the 1st half was pretty poor. Despite not really being able to play through midfield we did well to defend properly and stay in the game. The 2nd half was far better as things opened up, but once again we conspired to waste a number of presentable chances. Then we made 2 positive changes with KK and SS making way for Canos and Hogan, different gravy after that and good approach play was finished off by Hogan who I have to say looks a proper striker, I can see why he was scouted and brought to GP. After defending so well for most of the game we still had a dodgy 5 minutes, the otherwise superb Dean and Button for the goal, and then a few heart in mouth moments after. But we got the win, sure it wasn't pretty at times and we went longer than usual, but to take 4 points from the last 2 games with the bare bones side we have is really pleasing. We've seen a few people grow into this team who are 100% willing to do a job, Barbet, Yennaris, Hogan are examples, plus we saw a very promising performance from Josh Clarke. I thought Ryan Woods was excellent, in his non preferred role he was everywhere, him or Barbet MOTM for me, everyone put in a real shift though.

We need to strengthen, let's not pretend that we'd get away with it next season, but as the season ends there is plenty to feel more upbeat about.

My wish list for the rest of the season
1 Relegate franchise on Saturday. They shouldn't exist and their manager is a whingeing scouser
2 Finish above Fulham, the RaRas and Reading ( I have a pathological dislike of blue and white hoops)
3 No more injuries

Reading are in freefall and Fulham inconsistent ( beat them at our place and we will finish above them, we just need to overhaul QPR to be the top London side which would be some achievement given cost and size of squads.

Can't disagree, be a nice bonus to put the plastic Dongs down, maybe if AFC can get up it'll give them the chance to pay them a visit next season. I wonder if MKD would mind giving us their stadium though, it'll go nice by the Thames at LR, and they won't need it.

Beating Fulham and finishing above both our neighbours would represent an incredible turnaround in fortunes. I'm still shocked at Fulham being where they are with that squad tbf, need to make sure GP is rammed and banging for that one.

The only hoopy team I've any time for is SCP Lisboa, no special reason for this one exception.

Who'd have thought such a flat first half would become such a great second one?

Agree with most points made, KK spent most of the night playing hide the stripey shirt again and I cannot see why on earth he got to start. Injuries or not. Nice to see we now have a proper striker and really rate Barbet. Clarke is a great prospect and did well. Thought Woods gave the ball away far too often again. Maybe I was built up to expect too much, but he loses possession an awful lot and needs to tidy up a bit. Can't fault his enthusiasm and constant harassing the opposition though. Just needs to learn we play in Red and White at times.
Near the end it was backs to the wall stuff and I could honestly see the second one coming.

Really enjoyed it last night, and love the fact we can put Robinson and the Franchise down.

The Bolton Bee - 20/4/2016 10:12

My wish list for the rest of the season
1 Relegate franchise on Saturday. They shouldn't exist and their manager is a whingeing scouser
2 Finish above Fulham, the RaRas and Reading ( I have a pathological dislike of blue and white hoops)
3 No more injuries

The first two of my wishes have come true!